AJ's S54 Swapped M3/4/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ's S54 Swapped M3/4/6

Hi guys, I figure it’s time to make a build thread for my S54 swapped E36 M3. My first car was a 5 spd dakar yellow E36 M3 with a couple of dinan goodies. That car was a complete pile of shit but I loved it to death…. It taught me how to work on cars and more importantly taught me how to drive.

But being 16 and dumb, I sold that car due to some unfortunate circumstances and that was the start of a bad disease. After selling that car I got into E39 540/6 and E46 ZHPs and had a phase of jumping into different “newer” bmws until I decided it was time for me to get back into another E36 M3. I had shit luck finding a “nice” one because around 2019 ish, finding a clean e36 m3 was difficult for some odd reason for the sub $3-5k range. But I did stumble across this alpine white coupe. It was a track car and a street car. It was built really well but the paint had severe clear coat failure and a good paint job isn’t cheap so I sold it off to an enthusiast.

3 days after selling that alpine white car, I ended up picking a cosmos black E36 M3 coupe that was really well sorted and very clean. I owned that car for about a year, gave it my touch and did pretty much everything you could do to a NA S52 car.

The next step for that car was S54 swapping it. At the time, I couldn’t source an engine from a reputable seller or find a decent parts car to swap it. However, to my luck I found a couple running and driving cars in the 15-20k range. So it made sense to jump into an E46 M3 and that’s exactly what I did. I bought this imola red e46 m3 and built it my way. While I owned that car, I also owned a hellrot/modena E36 M3 that was an EAG car. I was going to s54 swap that car but I sold it before I “ruined” it.

After building the E46 M3, I kinda got bored with the car. I was on the fence about selling it for a while and I was always nervous about finding a good candidate for it’s replacement. One day, all of a sudden an alpine white E36 M3 pops up on my local facebook groups. And before I even knew it, I had to have it. So I reluctantly sold the E46M back to the previous owner. I paid Austin (previous owner of my E36 M3) a deposit for the E36 and booked a one way ticket to Maryland.

I was pretty nervous to say the least to buy a 24 year old car sight unseen that has 250k on the shell. But after talking to Austin over the phone I was a lot more confident in my purchase. The car was pretty much exactly what he said. I drove it to Ohio and it didn’t miss a beat.

It’s very much of an OEM plus build but the car has some room for some improvements. The very first thing I did to the car was get a tune from HTE tuning and that really woke up the car. At first, the car felt fast but you could tell it was missing some HP. It barely pulled on a stock E46 M3. But after Hassan tuned the car, it’s a completely different beast.

Rad! I'd love to experience an S54'd e36 one day.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmertav View Post
      Rad! I'd love to experience an S54'd e36 one day.
      They're so much fun. I absolutely love seat time on mine.

Comment

Damn, S54 Alpine Sedan on Dinan FM5s. Love it. Anything planned for it?
        1997 M3 Sedan Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Evtron View Post
          Damn, S54 Alpine Sedan on Dinan FM5s. Love it. Anything planned for it?
          Not really much because it's really dialed up right now.

Last edited by ajcanadian; 11-21-2021, 02:38 PM. Reason: photos

Comment

Working...
          X