Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westophers e36 IG starter pack installation thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westophers e36 IG starter pack installation thread.

The day I got the car.

Put on some FK silverline coils, and some retrofitted fx-r projectors in DJ auto headlights.

Car was on DS2s with nokian winters for some snowboard trips, but mostly just rainy days here in Vancouver.

Put my DP motorsport wheels on it. Cool 3 pc. period correct wheels, but didn't suit how I wanted the car. If it was slammed and had big lips it would have looked great, but not what I'm looking for with this car.

A nice sunday drive with a couple friends. Both their cars are euro specs.
    DSC_0227 by westophervan, on Flickr
    Last nice shot with the wheels before i bent one dipping off the track at the ridge at 90+ MPH
    DSC_0236 by westophervan, on Flickr

So fun
    DSC_1491.jpg by orcinus_ca, on Flickr
    DSC_1633.jpg by orcinus_ca, on Flickr
    Put the LTWs on and front splitters. Much better.
    DSC_0272 by westophervan, on Flickr
    Car is finally exactly what I want aesthetically other than the diaper exhaust.
    DSC_0276 by westophervan, on Flickr
    DSC_0277 by westophervan, on Flickr
    DSC_0278 by westophervan, on Flickr
    Took care of that problem with a bimmerworld exhaust
    Untitled by westophervan, on Flickr
    Took out the leather interior
    To install this
    Over the winter the changes will be moving to 8.5 LTWs all around, picking up some camber plates and maybe some other minor undecided stuff.
    Thinking in march or April driving down to Cali to kick off my season of track days with a killer road trip with the wife. All the track pics you guys post drive me crazy up here. Its 3+ hours to the ridge and Pacific raceways so it takes some effort to get out there.

Got a quick snap today after a wash. The weather has been nice here so holding off on the DS2s for a bit longer while I decide what winter tires I pick up.
    DSC_0279 by westophervan, on Flickr

I refinished some absolutely destroyed ds2s for some winter wheels. 3/4 were curbed all the way around with gouges and such as far as 4mm or so deep. They were so ****ed. I forgot to take before pics, so unfortunately you have to imagine it, but trust me when I say they were bad. My wife helped me a lot with them. They aren't perfect now, but definitely look new from 5-10 feet. Car will get its roof rack on next week and tear up some snow and ice in whistler for the weekend. Cant wait.
    DSC_0290 by westophervan, on Flickr
    DSC_0287 by westophervan, on Flickr

Ready for whistler on friday. Ready to hoon in some snow.
    DSC_0295 by westophervan, on Flickr
    DSC_0288 by westophervan, on Flickr

Just took my e36 m3 through a 40+cm snowstorm up to whistler, and it got me through it like a champ, so took a few pics of it cleaned up a couple days later. I love this car, especially after a trip like that.
    DSC_0375 by westophervan, on Flickr
    DSC_0383 by westophervan, on Flickr
    DSC_0373 by westophervan, on Flickr
    Have an ltw (low) wing, some interior/exterior trim clips to tighten everything up to brand new again and new floor mats to go in/on. Love having this thing to drive all year round. Its where m3s really shine over other sports cars is that they will take you where you want to go, wether its a road trip or a track day.
    Heres a potato pic of it after a solid trek through the grime.
    The LTW rep from abrahams. No shitty sag, perfect fitment. Gonna just run the low, although might get risers to run at the track, even though it isn't that functional of a part to satisfy my inner ricer, and since most of my track days are spent with JDM guys.

Put in my new floor mats. What a difference they make. Also ordered a set of LTW/gt carbon door sills. Nothing else new. Bored on my week off wishing the weather wasn't so shitty.

Nothing new but a picture. Had a good trackday a few weeks ago, replaced vanos gasket and some pulleys/belts. Trying to put a spending hiatus on the car other than maintenance and just enjoy it for what it is this summer! Its hard though.

Page 15

Wing is on. My favourite addition yet looks wise. Exterior aesthetics are pretty much done other than a GT front splitter when I get around to it.
    DSC_0620 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0629 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0637 by Chris West, on Flickr

Page 19

Very excited about my trip to the dealer today. My front splitter arrived. Just test fit it. Still waiting for mounts.
    Untitled by Chris West, on Flickr

Page 21

Took the opportunity to do a mountain drive today again. Nothing new, but always fun.
    DSC_0689 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0697 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0701 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0694 by Chris West, on Flickr

Cross posting from the e36 section.
    Took some new pics. I admit at first I was kinda "heh, well thats it? Its pretty cool." when I put the high rise on, but I'm absolutely in love with it now. The car is getting all kinds of positive attention. Its amazing how many people actually are really interested in these cars.
    DSC_0723 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0724 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0722 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0720 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0717 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0721 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Also put a new steering wheel in again.
    BMW motorsport seatbelts are on their way from Germany next.

Page 22

More of the same, but why not.
    DSC_0712.jpg shopped by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0732 by Chris West, on Flickr

So I've been on a road trip this week. So far about 2000miles down. Astoria, newport, florence, crescent city, santa rosa, san francisco, portland, and on tuesday back home to Vancouver.
    DSC_0048 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0085 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0087 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0092 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Met a couple buds in san fran.
    DSC_0191 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Car is getting this put on when I get back home.

Page 23

Installed a couple days ago.
    Going to have to cut the bolts down. They don't sit lower than the piping, but afraid of snagging a bag and having a nice smell again like I did a couple years ago.
    Heres a short clip of the sound. Its quiet until you are really on it, which is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1Z...ature=youtu.be

Did some work over the last bit.
    Installing rear belts today.
    Pulled the wing off entirely and refit it up to a better standard. Ran it low for today.
    DSC_0332 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0343 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Have to share this photo I took today from the show.
    DSC_0320 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Reinstalled the high wing. I definitely prefer it to the low, but **** these OEM risers are hard to bolt up.
    Also, picked up a nice wintermobile so the car can hibernate.
    One more of the favourites of the meet today.
    DSC_0292 by Chris West, on Flickr

One more dump from today. Goodnight sweet prince. Its going to be a hard 5 months apart.
    DSC_0384 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0373 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0358 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0353 by Chris West, on Flickr

Its so nice to be able to just toss monty in the back and not stress about the interior. Although, his collar matches the m3. I don't really want to make him a grey leather collar lol.
    DSC_0632 by Chris West, on Flickr

Page 24

A few new photos from after its VERY short storage.
    Car has a tune now, I have an M50 manifold waiting to be installed. I'm not going to go any further down the rabbit hole with engine mods on the s52 though. These are plenty easy and cheap, but the big money can go towards better ideas for this car.
    DSC_0435 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0475 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0471 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0484 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0486 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Ambleside side shot by Chris West, on Flickr
    Upper level by Chris West, on Flickr

Page 25

Spent the day on some minor details. I hope to do a lot of this with the car over the next while.
    Removed the ratty old trim under the rear pop out window, and the gasket inside that cracks and dries out over time
    Next up I have an LTW air duct underpanel, and new windshield cowl. Should be here in a week or so.

DSC_0461 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0459 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0446 by Chris West, on Flickr

Page 27

I actually prefer the setup with bottom gurney only on full attack angle. I like all the various options for this wing. Its always fun to switch it up. This car is at a weird spot for me. Any of the next steps are HUGE money relatively speaking for the car. Its either cleaning up any issues with the paintwork, which will involve spraying some panels, new wheels (which would be hard to beat the OEM style 24 setup) or an s54/s50b32 euro swap. I love modding cars so much, so I'm thankful little shit like the wing, and clear/smoked light setups are such an easy swap out for a couple weeks of difference to keep me occupied so I don't spend all my Canadian pesos right now.
    DSC_0337 by Chris West, on Flickr

Pour vous Kaiv.
    DSC_0517 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Page 28

Something actually changed!
    DSC_0545 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0542 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0539 by Chris West, on Flickr

Took some new pics today. Car is dirty, as its been raining lots, but needed some real shots with the new wheels. I raised it about a cm in the front and there is zero rubbing now. Could probably go down about 5mm and end up in the middle and have it be perfect. Shoutout to the KWs for spinning stress free after sitting at the same height for 2 years.
    DSC_0547 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0552 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0584 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0579 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0564 by Chris West, on Flickr

Page 32

Put the car up on the lift. Fixed an exhaust leak due to a broken centre hanger, and missing exhaust gasket. Seems to have fallen out as the exhaust flexed when the hanger broke. Also, used some random metal around the shop to bolt to the transmission crossmember to make a brake to hold up the trans tunnel insulation, which was hitting the driveshaft and making a very unsatisfying clunk in the floor.
    Very happy with the way the car looked underneath though for 21 years old, and driven in any conditions. Rear subframe needs to come down and have all the new bushings put in.
    IMG_6920 by Chris West, on Flickr
    IMG_6916 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Had all of these cars at the shop.
    e36 m3 x 3 and a built euro s50 swapped individual 325is
    IMG_6912 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Wife was happy the car didn't sound like it was straight piped anymore.
    DSC_0029 by Chris West, on Flickr

DSC_0025 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0007 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0017 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Gave it a quick wax, needs a PDR and just waiting on new wheels to arrive soon.

Precious cargo on the way to get new PS4s mounted.

Just got the car back after 1.5 months. A truck lost its load on the highway, I hit it. Damaged 2 wheels, bent a coilover, broke a strut mount, blew a tire and some other mishmash.
    There was no body damage whatsoever, and after a long hassle its better than before. Went for a drive today to shake it down and get back into the car. Got the fog blanks painted while the car was out of commission. KWs were replaced as well.
    DSC_0067 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0064 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0076 by Chris West, on Flickr

Staring at pics of your car never gets old. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: your ride height is absolutely perfect. Glad to hear everything's alright after that incident!
    1997 M3 Sedan Journal

Comment

Chris, I've seen most, of not all of these pictures before. But its one glorious thread.

Comment

Thanks! I'll get some of the new photos up over the next couple days. Fucking HUGE thanks to Brett for finding a magical way to save all the stuff from my old build thread.

Comment

E36 M3 goals right here!

Comment

Almost took down the internet downloading those pictures all at once!

As always, a great example of an E36 M3. Kind of liking that color as well!
            Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

About 3-4 weeks ago the car was hit and run. The nose panel was pushed in almost to the aux fan, but that was really the only damage. Finding a body shop was difficult as all they ever want to do is blend blend blend. I was really against painting any part of my fenders, bumper or hoods original paint. Found a shop that understood this and wanted to take it on. Very happy with the results.
              This car is still the favourite over the e30 and I think it will stay that way.
              DSC_0105 by Chris West, on Flickr
              DSC_0097 by Chris West, on Flickr
              DSC_0122 by Chris West, on Flickr
              DSC_0108 by Chris West, on Flickr

Comment

I don't care what BB says, the clubsport wing is perfect.

Looks amazing, Chris!

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Bb is just mad because he has a sedan wing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
                    lol.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

So hard not to just exactly copy your car. Absolutely bang on.

Comment

Originally posted by MattDearPhoto View Post
                        So hard not to just exactly copy your car. Absolutely bang on.
                        Haha I'm not the first and certainly won't be the last. Your car has the one part I need to be truly finished, that s50b32.

Comment

Haha I'm not the first and certainly won't be the last. Your car has the one part I need to be truly finished, that s50b32.
                          Let me know if I can help get you one!

Comment

😆

Car looks great as always. Glad you've found a trusted painter!
                            Instagram

Comment

post of nothing to get to the second page, so your computers don't crash.

Comment

Working...
                              X