Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westophers e30 photo thread since I'm too poor to build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westophers e30 photo thread since I'm too poor to build.

Well guys, the e36 is the car that was built, and my butthurt knows no bounds about losing my 50+ page build thread on m3f, so I'll start fresh with the new car and fill you all in with that good stuff from that car later.
    My first car 18 years ago was an e30 325. I lowered it, put some shitty wheels on it, and absolutely loved it. This was when you'd literally call and order things from the back of a PBMW magazine, so I've been enjoying this scene for a long time. Obviously the e30 m3 was always a dream, and for my 35th birthday I said fuck it, and bought one.
    The car had its last owner for 16 years, had 140k(ish) a fairly fresh rebuilt engine, clean title, and is relatively stock except for some suspension stuff. It's not neglected by any stretch, but it need some love to bring it up to where it should be. I've just spent a little over the last month getting to know what those things are, and just trying to drive as much as I can. At first, I questioned my choices, but the more I drive it the more I enjoy it, as I learn what its strengths are.
    The day I picked it up. Theproducer (brad) drove me down to Seattle to help pick it up, and bring it back 250KM home
    Tse6XivlRBaj1mL23fho9g by Chris West, on Flickr
    Arrived home, no hiccups. Ready for its OOP inspection
    L8FhXp1YRGWQ1qeVPImu5Q by Chris West, on Flickr
    At home with the favourite child
    3uIpdYx1ShCG0h9bqk2pQQ by Chris West, on Flickr
    The important part
    KXxxXdcVTfuHV+4veISoiQ by Chris West, on Flickr
    Celebration spin after passing its OOP. Given a thumbs up by my mechanic. Only real needs are new control arm bushings and tail light seals. Good news.
    IMG_9222 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Picked up an OEM golf ball knob to replace the junk one that was on there. Shifts much nicer. Most of the slop was in the flexy knob which is a crazy pleasant surprise.
    fullsizeoutput_803 by Chris West, on Flickr
    Best time of year for photos
    DSC_0079 by Chris West, on Flickr
    DSC_0091 by Chris West, on Flickr
    I'll keep it updated as I make any changes, and take some photos. Really just going to clean up minor details, and maintain. Once the uncertainty in the world settles down, I'll get some fun additions to it, but car spending is 86'd right now.

Geez man, she is beautiful. I really want one, but I don't think I'm ready.
    Green with envy.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
      Geez man, she is beautiful. I really want one, but I don't think I'm ready.
      Green with envy.
      You've got a whole big family of M-cars to feed! You're more ready than I am.
      I'm not gonna lie, for a couple weeks I was like, what the actual fuck am I thinking? What did I just buy? But as I drive it, it really brings a crazy amount of smiles. I realize its not going to be like the e36, but brings a totally different experience to the table. I really have to thank Carlos for convincing me, if I have to ditch the e36 to do it, just wait until I don't. My wife loves it too. She really appreciates that its a classic and seems as excited about it as I do.

Comment

What are your long term goals for this car, CW?

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Long long long long term would be a build in the same vain as my e36. OEM parts taken from the evo and sport evo, as well as some modern modifications with tires, brakes and suspension to make the car a reliable, and enjoyable car I can drive to work, take on a road trip or an occasional track day, with the focus being on just enjoying it as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
            What are your long term goals for this car, CW?
            win instagram!
            1997 E36 M3 "Blue Car", 1999 Z3 Coupe "Black Car", 2000 Porsche 911 "Yellow Car", 1993 Corrado VR6 "Red Car", 1993 Corrado VR6 "Green Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
              You've got a whole big family of M-cars to feed! You're more ready than I am.

Financially, I'm not. And I have no room in my garage. And my wife is going to kill me. But mostly the first.

Comment

What's next an E46 M3? The E30 looks great and the e36 looks amazing like always

Comment

Thanks man. Realistically there are only two cars left that I need to own in my lifetime. E46 doesn't fit in that realm, as much as I like them. Either a 964/993 that I'd build an RS rep out of, or a Ferrari 348/355. It will probably be 5-7 years with the e30 before I get it to where I want to be, just like the e36 was. I enjoy the process of chipping away though, then I'll look at the next option.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
                    Thanks man. Realistically there are only two cars left that I need to own in my lifetime. E46 doesn't fit in that realm, as much as I like them. Either a 964/993 that I'd build an RS rep out of, or a Ferrari 348/355. It will probably be 5-7 years with the e30 before I get it to where I want to be, just like the e36 was. I enjoy the process of chipping away though, then I'll look at the next option.
                    Those are some great looking cars! Looking forward to your e30 build.

Comment

Love the E30 M3. Now that the global economy is going to crap, it may be a good time to look for one. Either that or an E39 M5. Both are on my "next project" list.
                      Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

She’s a beauty. Can’t wait to see what you do with this one!

Comment

Never realized you had an Alpine white E30 M3.

You win right there.

Comment

Well, I washed the car today. Is that a build?
                            IMG_9592 by Chris West, on Flickr
                            IMG_9607 by Chris West, on Flickr

Comment

Absolutely! Looks sooo good!

Comment

Working...
                              X