Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Daytona Violet Build Thread

Hi all,

I'm Brett(not to be confused with BRaymond) from Denver and this is my build thread.

I've had this car since 2017 and purchased from the second owner, Colorado car it's entire life. Prior to purchasing this car, I had a 99 M3 Coupe Cosmos that was total due to hail and before that, I had a 04 M3.

This is by far my favorite out of the pack and a car I plan on keeping for the long haul.

Enough with the intro, here we go:

Purchased the car in bone stock configuration, other than a set of OEM Style 24's and a stack of maintenance records.

1995 Daytona Violet M3 (10/94 build date)
    M Rain -- Amaretta grau (B4TT)
    89xxx miles

Unfortunately, I cannot pull the old thread from M3F, so this will not be as detailed as before.

Shortly after I purchase it:

After a couple months, installed New OEM Euro Bosch Headlights, New OEM Ambers corners, and a GT/LTW tray with hardware:

Next up was the addition of an OEM 318is/4 wing. It does have the sedan base versus the coupe base but there is such a small size difference, you wouldn't know unless you were Braymond141 lol

Quickly added on the MSportParts Gurney Flaps:

Added OEM Motorsport Badges and OEM Motorsport door sills:

Had a local shoot with the E36 guys. Shot by
    Sushi_M3

Next up was paint correction and ceramic coating:

Added OEM Motorsport belts:

Cars and coffee with some other purple M's -- Daytona, Daytona and Purple Silk

After a lonnnng time, pieced together a full set of OEM Carbon Fiber -- Console and ash trays were BNIB ( also added a Shepott 3 spoke alcantara wheel)

Sourced a set of OEM risers and swapped out tails, side markers and corner markers :

Sourced an OEM GT/LTW Strut bar and also added a OEM Euro rad cover:

Had another shoot done by Sushi(Stefan):

This was the last of the car as NA...

Instagram

Love it. That interior, very nice!
    Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Updated original post with the car's journey as a naturally aspirated M3.
      Instagram

Comment

This isn't that NA M3 Forum, post the rest!

Originally posted by SpaghettiM3 View Post
        Updated original post with the car's journey as a naturally aspirated M3.

Comment

Next up was going FI.

Received a DInan SC Kit from MSportParts.com (Braymond141) and purchase quite of bit of other parts to refresh cooling, rebuild VANOS and a few other parts:

The tear down:

First shot with the charger installed and the motor buttoned back up:

Shortly after the SC install, I added a Dinan High Flow Throttle Body. The car seems slightly more responsive. Overall, I'd say it was worth the $225.

Old vs New

Also, picked up a set of BBS LM 089's a few months back. Had the lips polished and barrels painted. After the polish/paint, I reverse mounted the faces with new hardware. Once they were all back together, I coated them with Gyeon Rim.

The front wheels won't poke like they currently are in the photos. I tried out the spacers I used for my 24s, which are obviously too aggressive.

Next up on the list, is suspension refresh and lowering the car just a wee bit to close that awful fender gap. Suspension has been purchased, just waiting until I have the time to install.
          Instagram

Comment

Dinan springs received, OE vs Dinan:

Installed pics. Loving the stance on it now. This was immediately after install, so they have settled a bit more since then.

Added a BNIB Dinan CF cover and powder coated valve cover:

Purchased a DInan exhaust locally for $400. Sounds much better over stock. It was pretty dirty but I've since cleaned it up:

Old vs new

That's the end of the updates!
            Instagram

Comment

Went out for an impromptu photo shoot this weekend with Stefan and Dorean. All photos shot by Stefan Sushi_M3

Instagram

Comment

Great looking car! Dorean’s Fern Green is something else though, what a colour!

Comment

Originally posted by MattDearPhoto View Post
                  Great looking car! Dorean’s Fern Green is something else though, what a colour!
                  Thanks! Completely agree, Fern is beautiful.
                  Instagram

Comment

Incredibly beautiful car and perfect execution.

Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3/2/5 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3/2/5

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Mike0032 View Post
                      Incredibly beautiful car and perfect execution.
                      Thanks Mike!
                      Instagram

Comment

well damn, that's some inspiration shots right there! guess I'll have to pull those LM's out of the boxes at some point 😂

Comment

did you end up machining those faces before reverse mounting?

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                            well damn, that's some inspiration shots right there! guess I'll have to pull those LM's out of the boxes at some point 😂
                            Yes you should!

I did end up having a local shop polish the entire lip/mounting surface area prior to reverse mounting.
                            Instagram

Comment

Tasteful mods.

Comment

Working...
                              X