No announcement yet.

Ed's 1995 Cosmos M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your ebrake handle questions was a few months ago now, but cleaning the metal and then using a small amount of dry lube inside the handle before sliding it on does the trick.

Nice work on a high mileage chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 View Post
      Your ebrake handle questions was a few months ago now, but cleaning the metal and then using a small amount of dry lube inside the handle before sliding it on does the trick.

Nice work on a high mileage chassis.
      good to know! I'll have to try that out.
      Thank you man, love what you're doing with yours as well

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post

good to know! I'll have to try that out.
        Thank you man, love what you're doing with yours as well
        Hell yeah!

Comment

Haven't updated this thread in a while so I'm gonna do a little photo dump. Back in the beginning of summer, I just graduated college (lots of time) and the e46 wasn't starting due to SMG problems so I figured it was a good time to do the conversion that I've always wanted to get done.
          Untitled by Ed Endow, on Flickr

Shortly after that I bought some used Amber LED tails online to get rid of the DEPO LED's that were on there already. Needless to say, OEM LED tail lights are the only way to go.

With the rod bearings not being replaced yet, I let the car just sit after that until it was time to get them done. So, I then took the e36 up to the bay area to meet up with some friends. The car did great on the trip until the rear shock mounting bolt came out. Limped the car home and it was all good.

After the trip my rear tires were pretty much done so I decided to try out the Federal RS-RR's. I know a lot of people hate on these tires but they have been good to me so far.

One day when I was driving to SD, my car suddenly cut out and wouldn't turn back on. After getting an expensive tow home, I checked the fuel pump fuse to find that it had blown. Replacing the fuse allowed the car to turn back on but obviously a blown fuse points to a bigger issue. I replaced the fuel pump for peace of mind. (If any of you guys think it points to something else please let me know. I don't want to get stranded again).

Now we're coming up to more recent times. I put a new emblem on the car, reinstalled my CAI, and sent it off to get its RB replaced.

While the e46 was gone, I wanted the cars to match, so I sourced some ambers for the e36 as well.

Here are some photos I received from the guy replacing the bearings. They didn't look terrible but, as you can see, the motor mounts looked like pancakes and desperately needed to be replaced.

And this pretty much brings this up to date. I know the photos are all over the place for sizing but so be it. Here's how they sit together currently.

Comment

Working...
          X