Boost Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Pressure

Hey guys, I have 2015 M4 and the charge cooler was found to be leaking coolant into the engine, I purchased an aftermarket chargecooler(Garrett) and ever since replacing it te car keeps blowing off the charge pipes. First I thought it was bcse I didn't change the charge pipes but I have now replaced those with aftermarket ones and still blowing off the pipes. Anyway, I did a boost check and realised that I am getting around 2400 hPa which is converted to 34.8 psi and was wondering if anybody knows what the stock boost is supposed to be. This sounds high and thinking this is where my issue is, thanks.

Stock boost pressure is listed as 18.1psi.

34psi sounds... insane.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
      Stock boost pressure is listed as 18.1psi.

34psi sounds... insane.
      That's what I was thinking too.

Comment

Does the car have a tune?
        Instagram

Comment

I would not keep driving it at 34psi.

Switch back to the stock chargecooler, and do a test. You don’t have to put any coolant in it if you’re worried about too much going in to the engine. It will only be long enough to check what the boost pressure is reading.

Sounds like a massive restriction in the chargecooler if it’s building enough pressure to blow them off. Haven’t seen that happen even with hybrid turbos.

Comment

Got it sorted out, apparently that 2400hpa was the absolute pressure or something like that. Had to minus 14.7psi from that to get the right boost pressure. The problem looks like the hoses supplied, we changed them and tightened the hell out of the clamps and no more problem. Thanks again for all the responses.

Comment

Working...
            X