Interior trunk button wont open trunk on convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior trunk button wont open trunk on convertible

Hi, the interior trunk button on my convertible doesn't open the truck but the exterior and key trunk button do. I original thought the car was in valet mode but the glove box is unlocked and opens fine. I even tried tried and replaced it with a new one thinking the connection is bad. Also, changed the interior trunk button which didn't fix the issue.

I've had this issue for a couple of years now and couldn't figure it out so I gave up but I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me finally figure this out.

Have you had the codes read?
    If the motor is burnt out, you'll have a definitive code.

Comment

Yeah, no codes. The trunk works using the key fob and the rear trunk button on the exterior of the car.

Comment

Try flipping up and down the thing in the trunk that the top fits into?

Comment

You need to use a good scan tool that can monitor button functions. Then press the button and see if the button press is recognized in the module. Or throw a new button in and see if it fixes the issue. All 3 buttons (fob, trunk lid, trunk release) activate the same circuit and actuator so it seems to be on the button end of things.

Comment

Same issue here, and add to it the button on the lid itself works intermittantly. Keyfob always works. Shop said they scanned and everything looks fine... replaced the latch, said it was sticking. i think they are nuts. now i have to close it 5 times before the latch catches too. shops are so good, in fact when i picked the car up they said it was fixed... i opened it once, and the dash light showed the trunk open and would not go out even when i got it to latch... and as we with convertibles know, if that light is lit, the top wont go down. just a cruddy design i think, check fuse and all the obvious stuff, and keep that key charged... lol

Comment

Yea, i'm not sure either. I've changed the inside trunk button and glove box latch. I don't want to change the trunk lid button. It still works fine with the key and the button on the lid itself.

Comment

Similar with my 2004 M3 Cabrio. Interior unlock button doesn’t work (sticky - probably button is shot), the key fob will release but then have common irritating “trunk latch won’t catch” situation and have to lock unlock the car a few times with key in door or key fob to wake it up. What always works is 3 turns of the key in the door handle or key in trunk lock itself. Old school

Comment

Working...
                X