Bmw sport shifter vs dinan short shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw sport shifter vs dinan short shifter

Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between the BMW sport shifter and the Dinan short shifter? I'm in the middle of swapping my differential to a 3.91 doing the subframe bushings and welding in the reinforcement kit so since I'm there might as well .....Anyone got any input?

I have experience with both.

The BMW Performance shift lever is going to be a mild improvement over OE. Just the hint of the good kind of notchiness and shorter throws. Dinan is just a tad more on both. Both are good shifters in my opinion.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

I would recommend none of those and picking up a auto solutions short shifter. I had 4:10 differential with a 30% auto solutions short short shifter. Felt amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post

The BMW Performance shift lever is going to be a mild improvement over OE. Just the hint of the good kind of notchiness and shorter throws. Dinan is just a tad more on both. Both are good shifters in my opinion.
        This

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post

Isn't there a 3rd option? From the 540i I believe?

Either way, all great recommendations!

Comment

Originally posted by Exclusivs View Post

Isn't there a 3rd option? From the 540i I believe?

Either way, all great recommendations!
            The E60 545i shifter? I have that one in my E46 and it’s great.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

The E60 545i shifter? I have that one in my E46 and it’s great.
              Yes! Thats the one!

Am also currently using this, and mimic your comments. Its great!

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingGray View Post
                I would recommend none of those and picking up a auto solutions short shifter. I had 4:10 differential with a 30% auto solutions short short shifter. Felt amazing
                Ron at AutoSolutions will work with you regarding how much throw you desire and makes his SSKs per order. His SSKs are quality parts and from others who I have spoken to, are all pleased with the engagement they have using Ron's SSK. I contacted Ron and spoke to him and was impressed by the support and quickness of his response. You can't go wrong getting an AutoSolutions SSK from him 👍

Comment

Working...
                X