Experience with ACL bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with ACL bearings?

I'm gonna do the RB service soon and wanted to get some members opinions/ experience on ACL bearings. Worth it? Or too good to be true for the price. Thanks!

OEM pricing is ridiculous to begin with. The price you see for ACL is what they should cost.

So far so good with the three sets I have installed... though two of them are fire ups only and one is still on a stand, haha. Many people have reported no use issues with them and shops like Lang Racing have said they are better toleranced than any other brand.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

• ejendow
      ejendow commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree, these shells should not cost that much for what they are. But alright thats good to hear, thanks for the input.

I picked up a set, yet to install, but at least some of the cost savings is through the packaging ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
      OEM pricing is ridiculous to begin with. The price you see for ACL is what they should cost.

So far so good with the three sets I have installed... though two of them are fire ups only and one is still on a stand, haha. Many people have reported no use issues with them and shops like Lang Racing have said they are better toleranced than any other brand.
      Did the comment about tolerances was mostly for the E46 bearings, or ACL bearings in general? I'm thinking about doing bearings on my S85 this fall, and deciding on whether to get BE or ACL.

Comment

I only have S65 rod bearing experience... However, I have installed two sets of ACL bearings with no issues. I have a friend of mine who builds E28 M5 and E34 M5 BMW engines on the side and ACL is his "go-to" bearing.

Comment

I'm currently using ACL bearings on mine with no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.m3 View Post
            I'm currently using ACL bearings on mine with no issue.
            good to know guys, thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X