Battery replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery replacement

What are people using as a battery replacement? The Interstate battery I bought some years ago that fit great is not available.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    --Joe
    Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Interstate mtp h6 48 through costco. About $100 bucks after core exchange. 3 year no fuss warranty

they also have an agm version for $80 bux more

Comment

AGM Interstate from Costco is the best value imo. I like the smaller H6 version over the larger capacity H7.

If you want to score detail points, get an AGM from BMW. With a wholesale discount they aren't too bad.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
        AGM Interstate from Costco is the best value imo. I like the smaller H6 version over the larger capacity H7.

If you want to score detail points, get an AGM from BMW. With a wholesale discount they aren't too bad.
        Brett- are you aware if AGM still can use the factory vent tube and tract?

Comment

Thank Brett, Stephen. Costco is nearby. I can give them a try. Does both the H6 and H7 fit the battery cavity without issue? Thanks!
          Last edited by JitteryJoe; 07-31-2022, 10:09 PM.
          Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

My last battery is from 2012 bought at dealer. Still going strong..

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
              My last battery is from 2012 bought at dealer. Still going strong..
              was that a flooded or AGM?

Comment

Originally posted by JitteryJoe View Post
                Thank Brett, Stephen. Costco is nearby. I can give them a try. Does both the H6 and H7 fit the battery cavity without issue? Thanks!
                Yes, you just use the alternate mount holes the battery tray has.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                  Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post

was that a flooded or AGM?
                    'Good 'ol' lead plates battery. I take it that what you mean by "flooded"?

BMW doesn't offer any but the old type if you order one by ETK partnumber. Carbio also takes a special vibration proof version (although using any other battery never made any difference), as the cabrio has a special floating, shock-absorbed battery tray that acts as a tuned mass damper. (also prevents the trunk metal from getting eaten away). (E46 cabrio is even fancier with an x, y and z axis shock absorber)

kinda like the OEM BMW (re)branded ones.
                    Found the pic from 10 year ago.

Comment

I have a OPTIMA Red Top with a BimmerWorld holding tray.

Comment

Strange, my pic isn't visible, but does show when I put my post in edit mode.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                          Interstate mtp h6 48 through costco. About $100 bucks after core exchange. 3 year no fuss warranty

they also have an agm version for $80 bux more
                          thank for this options!

Comment

Working...
                          X