Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lseat.com - Any Personal Experience/Pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lseat.com - Any Personal Experience/Pictures?

Hi guys,

I'm considering reupholster options for my front Vaders and was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with Lseat.com covers? To pre-empt the "nowhere near OE" criticism, I realise they won't be perfect but I'm looking for objective feedback so I can draw my own conclusions, if you think they're substandard for a 25+ year old car I'd be interested in specifically why. I'm confident they'll be better than my existing seats, and at the current price are probably worth a punt, but I'm sure I'll benefit from advice from anybody that has had personal experience with them. My seat foam is fine (fully rebuilt a few years back).

TIA.
    '96 M3 "Evo" Coupe | Estoril Blue | Lotus White | S50B32 | 6 Speed | 3.64 Diff | Alu Doors | Remus | BBS | Bilstein | Eibach | RallyRoad | Fun & Smiles

The objective feedback you've already heard. They are nowhere near OE. I'm not a stickler for "leather grain" and what some people might call excessive expectation for the price. The simple issue is, they just don't fit well. They are saggy, baggy wrinkly nutsack looking. That said, with proper install that might be able to be resolved with skilled install, but that said, I've never seen it done well.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
      The objective feedback you've already heard. They are nowhere near OE. I'm not a stickler for "leather grain" and what some people might call excessive expectation for the price. The simple issue is, they just don't fit well. They are saggy, baggy wrinkly nutsack looking. That said, with proper install that might be able to be resolved with skilled install, but that said, I've never seen it done well.
      what Chris says. I helped someone fit dove gray set on some on some excellent condition low mileage vader foams 3 years ago, and they were still saggy inconsistent sized areas that were not worth the price you'd pay for. Be prepared to steam to shrink them to fit better and even then it would look like "nut sacks" in some areas.Would have had better results doing leather repair and respray.

Comment

Thanks guys. If nothing else the thread will serve search engines well.
        '96 M3 "Evo" Coupe | Estoril Blue | Lotus White | S50B32 | 6 Speed | 3.64 Diff | Alu Doors | Remus | BBS | Bilstein | Eibach | RallyRoad | Fun & Smiles

Comment

I've been skirting this issue for a while. I had my seats repaired once, it held for about a year, and recently tore through again.

I've come to the realization that when I'm ready to bite the bullet, I'm going to have to pay several thousand bucks to have them redone by a real, proper interior expert upholsterer. That's the only chance I have at having it fit correctly, be the right color, and last longer than a couple years. There just aren't any pre-made covers out there that check all the boxes. I would ask yourself how long you plan on keeping the car, and base the decision on that.

Comment

Autoberry and Gahh sell decent quality replacement seat covers. My brother recently had a set installed on his E36 M3. I will try to upload pictures later this evening.

Comment

Working...
            X