DINAN igniton coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DINAN igniton coils

I was planning on replacing my coils and I noticed DINAN just dropped some new coils for the S52. Has anybody installed these yet? I know they just came out. Any feedback would be appreciated before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...arts/D650-0005

Just buy them and try. Under $200 shipped for all 6.

My only observation so far is they physically feel like a good product. The car you saw me install the set on won't be driven much. I haven't even started it yet.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

• Bimmerboy93
      Bimmerboy93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I just pulled the trigger.

Dang, I wish they had some for the S50.

Comment

Aren't they rebranded items? Hard to imagine a tuner designing their own coils. Cranks, cams, sure, but coils?

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
        Aren't they rebranded items? Hard to imagine a tuner designing their own coils. Cranks, cams, sure, but coils?
        They are made by a subsidiary in the Holley group; MSD (this is who owns Dinan). MSD is well known in the muscle car sector.

I initially thought there were the same as the defunct Bavarian Autosport ignition coils which were rebranded China junk that failed all the time. I don't know what the actuality is with the Dinan parts though. Figured I'd at least touch a set before continuing to share my thoughts online.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

I've had really bad luck with Bremi coils in my S50 even though everyone raves about them. Reverted back to my 28 year old coils and they are working fine. Even new BMW branded coils say "Made in China..."

Comment

The first impression the quality seems good. I installed them the first thing I noticed was the car starts a lot faster. (Might not be anything special about the coil I'm pretty sure one of my coils was bad and all looked original) maybe it's in my head but the car feels a tad bit peppier.
            Last edited by Bimmerboy93; 02-15-2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Interesting that your car starts faster Bimmerboy93 Did you install new spark plugs at the same time?

I just ordered a set of these coils for my track car.. Hopefully they can handle the high temperatures of Thunderhill during the summertime : )

Comment

• Bimmerboy93
                Bimmerboy93 commented
                Editing a comment
                No, but I replaced the spark plugs not too long ago.
            Working...
            X