E36 M3 Prices and sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CASCADE1 View Post
    well here's something you don't see everyday.... '95 Dakar coupe, resprayed in black. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3vY...5-bmw-m3-coupe
    Tom has been a frequent poster on BFc asking for help with parts and such. I had no idea it was such a bad canvas. I hope he's made whole, but I also don't think that car is worth much of anything unless you have the budget to redo everything.

Additionally it sat out in the sun for the entire 50k miles. The interior is on par with the paint.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

• Maybe i'm missing something...Really surprised to see the Avus/Mulberry go so cheap on Pcar... $25k.... jeez... https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1995-bmw-m3-1/

Comment

• I wouldn't trust anyone who put those taillights on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post

Tom has been a frequent poster on BFc asking for help with parts and such. I had no idea it was such a bad canvas. I hope he's made whole, but I also don't think that car is worth much of anything unless you have the budget to redo everything.

Additionally it sat out in the sun for the entire 50k miles. The interior is on par with the paint.
          I think folks in the comments on that auction are severely underestimating the time, effort, and attention to detail that it will take to properly bring that car back to Dakar Yellow. I am afraid someone is going to buy it and if they choose to respray, it will get the maaco treatment. Quite a shame, the car is a mess but the miles are attractive.

Comment

• 70k miles
            https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-bmw-m3-273/

Comment

• I would be interested in what the brain trust thinks a car of mine might be worth. I have 2 95s, one really nice the other, clean but the paint is a 15 footer. The one I may sell is Avus with a Mrain interior, it is a 10 owner, theft recovery with 185,000 miles. Correct rims, all vin tags, it was a CA/NM car so I don’t see any rust anywhere, I’ve been under it in detail.

I bought it off a kid who was going to restore it but gagged when it all started to add up. I have a phone book size file of parts and some work done but nothing on the motor/trans/Vanos etc. Pretty sure (based on my Butt Dyno compared to the nice 95) the car has cams and a shift kit, may even have been rebuilt, the car is an outright flyer and feels tight. I don’t know these cars that well so maybe the tightness is just that smooth inline 6, even at that mileage.

Owners all took 2 or 3 years with the car and the theft recovery was a stripped out interior only. The guy that replaced it bought a complete Mrain interior (genius) as the original was Dove. I went through the cooling system, new belts and hoses, the A/C spits out ice cubes, no pixels, everything works, the paint is too nice to re-spray. My wife is sick and I may need to downsize, I love the car, it is more fun than the Daytona, I even take Avus out more often than the 964 (LA traffic is no place for a 964 anymore), it is just so willing, a happy car.

Prices are all over the place, I am biased but would say between $20-$24k someone is getting a really great car, I cannot be insulted so feel free to tell me I am in need of psychiatric help.

PS for some reason I cannot post photos which is infuriating for me and you.

Comment

• I think with that history anything above 20k would be very difficult, but I understand prices a lot less this year than years prior. The best cars still seem to be staying at the peak of the market a few months ago, but the good and below cars seem to be dropping a fair bit as they have buyers that actually will be affected by economic downturns.
                Sorry to hear about the reason for sale. I hope for the best for your family.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your wife and hope everything works out well.

Comment

• Thank you gentlemen for your kind words, my beautiful bride has early onset dementia, it is a one way trip down the toilet bowl. We had 35 years of supreme happiness, she is a car girl, she wouldn't allow me to sell any cars when she was able, great driver too, lots of track experience. I miss her insight and experience with me, and cars. She thinks Daytona is her dad's car, he had one, if one has to go it has to be Avus, much to all our reluctance, especially the daughters. I just haven't fully decided; I don't need 15 grand right now; although her home is a monthly that would choke a horse. If I do put it up for sale, it would be nice to have some idea of what it is worth, I will be sorry to see it go and may just hang onto it.

Comment

• So sorry to hear about your wife. My dad had it and I helped him on the weekends for a few years until it was just too much for us…

Remember the good times and cherish the time you have left together.

Comment

• Thank you Jim, during this time I have never ceased to be amazed at how many of us have had a similar experience; seems ol Granpa's senility has migrated down the age range sadly. Now back to car stuff.

Thank You Westhopher for the usual well written insights, I have a little experience with cars, some are just a little better than others; we used to call them Wednesday Cars in The Uk, having been built when no one was hung over (Monday, Tuesday) or looking forward to the weekend (Thursday, Friday). It won't win any concours but it will annoy many a 911 driver at the track, which is just pure gold.

PS Chris, my offer still stands, if you find yourself in LA you can either come with or drive the 964, we can take the "old racecourse" Mulholland Dr. The rebuilt motor is fully broken in and needs a regualr thrashing.

Comment

• I sent you a PM, I might be interested in that car, and/or have a buyer for you if you are ready to let it go. I'm local in west LA so just let me know.

I understand and sympathize with your situation, my mother has health issues and I think we all have sadly been touched by this type of thing in our lives at one point or another. Wishing you and your family the best.

Comment

Working...
                          X