E36 M3 Prices and sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayson View Post

Oh for sure, it's just funny watching the dealer try and convince a bunch of folks that this is amongst the most valuable e36s that have ever existed (on a site that specializes in Porsche's) and it is worthy of commanding 3x+ its normal value based on color alone. The irony is, PTS cars in Porsche land do command a premium, but nothing near that level of absurdity. The back and forth in the comments is great. Are we not entertained!?! 😂
    Totally! If it were worth that much then you'd see that car on BaT or CarsandBids but I'm sure they would have laughed at such a high reserve for a level 3 car. This dealer is trying to at least double their investment in this car hoping that they could capitalize on some American buyer who knows very little about these cars. And when you call them out on things like the rear wing and the claim that it's 321 hp they don't know how to handle it.

Putting Porsche aside simply because it's a different universe, I have personally ordered 5 BMW individual cars (Special order paint, special order interiors and special order equipment) and I assure you I have never deluded myself into thinking that I can double my price as a result.

And then you see the seller post nonsensical salesmanship blabber like this:

"Six hours to go to see if this fantastic German sports coupe finds its first real home in the USA. It took 25 years to make the trip and gave us its share of joy rides, thrill rides and smooth rides. Now it’s up for grabs. Pictures are great but they really don’t do it justice. It’s a wonder how this color got left off the standard M3 pallet, but the factory’s oversight is what makes it all the more special. In 1996 the Eurospec M3 got major upgrades. When we were on the hunt we could have picked up a ‘95 and shipped it home. But we were hunting for the “real M3”. We think we found it. Good luck bidders!"

Truly entertaining!

And notice that the last bid by JHinkle11 went from $31,000 to his bid of $42,500! Looks like a planted bid if to me.
    Last edited by Jim E.; 01-27-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim E. View Post
      And then you see the seller post nonsensical salesmanship blabber like this:

"Six hours to go to see if this fantastic German sports coupe finds its first real home in the USA. It took 25 years to make the trip and gave us its share of joy rides, thrill rides and smooth rides. Now it’s up for grabs. Pictures are great but they really don’t do it justice. It’s a wonder how this color got left off the standard M3 pallet, but the factory’s oversight is what makes it all the more special. In 1996 the Eurospec M3 got major upgrades. When we were on the hunt we could have picked up a ‘95 and shipped it home. But we were hunting for the “real M3”. We think we found it. Good luck bidders!"
      Excuse me while I go wipe the vomit off my shirt...

Comment

The owner must have overpaid for it and is trying to make some of it back now.

Comment

“Our paint meter malfunctioned but we went over the car with an enthusiast and are confident the paint is all original with no accidents”
          sounds like a paint meter didn’t give them the results they wanted so it’s better to hope someone trusts their opinion. I haven’t liked the marketing tactics of this car since the beginning over 2 years ago. It reeks of greasy flippers masquerading as a niche dealer.

Comment

I hate to dwell on the wing even more, but it sags too. Imagine if these guys were selling a 930 in this kind of condition with this attitude towards the sale, the dragging of the century would ensue.

Comment

Sold for $66k, let's see if it pops up for sale again in a month.

Comment

Get on the hypetrain, end on the failboat.

Comment

Originally posted by jayson View Post

Somehow I knew what that was going to be before even clicking the link. I agree with the condition. The seller has been trying to get $100k for this car. At the very least refinish the wheels and have the exterior plastic trim replaced.
                  Talking about the wheels, they can't even get the style right, calling them 22's instead of 39.

Comment

Seems like desirable colors get snapped up but silver or black don't break out of the teens. Some of the recent higher mileage cars on BaT have been dogs, at least to my eye via photos.

Comment

• JamesL71
                      JamesL71 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There was a low mileage TiAg that went for mid 30s like 6-8 months ago

Bid for the chance to own a 1997 BMW M3 Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #70,109.

Comment

Too high for a car with weird shit wrong with it.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1998 BMW M3 Sedan 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #71,645.

Comment

Surprised to see a 1998, well beyond the facelift example, still having that archaic steering wheel. I'm not even talking about it not having the 3 spoke M airbag wheel, but not even the non-M sport steering wheel.

Comment

I love the 4 spoke M3 steering wheel. Hahaha. In the perfect world it would be 375mm. Oh well I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post
                              I love the 4 spoke M3 steering wheel. Hahaha. In the perfect world it would be 375mm. Oh well I guess.
                              You could even fit the 'Euro' 4-spoke wheel, later model, with colored roundel.

Comment

Working...
                              X