Stupid mistake #147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid mistake #147

I did something that I rarely do, I was out driving my M3 in the rain. Not a light sprinkling of rain, but an angry rain. I kept hearing this thunk, thunk from the wipers. I got it back in the garage and looked at the wipers, and looked, and looked and then realized I had installed them in reversed position when I re-assembled the car. And then I felt like an idiot because it was obvious that they were backwards.
    Well crap. They were like the last thing I put back on the car after the engine went in. Live and learn.
    Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

That's an easy fix! I started to read this and thought; oh no, the arm hit the hood paint or something. That could have been way worse.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

The passenger side arm was slightly rubbing as it slid under the hood. That was the noise. No real damage other than a not visible friction rub on the paint. Yes, could have been much worse!
      Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Originally posted by JitteryJoe View Post
        The passenger side arm was slightly rubbing as it slid under the hood. That was the noise. No real damage other than a not visible friction rub on the paint. Yes, could have been much worse!
        Joe the car is totaled. I will buy it from you. On the way!!! Lol!

Comment

I had one of the wipers on my m coupe upside down for like 3 years now. For some reason, every time I see it, I'm too lazy to actually open the car, lift the hood up, and switch the damn thing. So it has been like that for, well, 3 years. Its time to change the wipers, so that's when I probably finally install it right.

Comment

Working...
          X