Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E36 door panel/card part numbers (mods pls move to e36 section)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 door panel/card part numbers (mods pls move to e36 section)

Hey all. Couldn't find the old m3forum so glad I'm here.
    I was just on ECS and saw they had OEM door cards in stock. I have stock black e36 door cards but theyve seen better days.

I spent an hour or two on RealOEM trying to find the p/n for door cards with speaker holes, but couldn't find anything. Is there any one that knows the P/N for that?

ECS lists these two door panels as in stock, but neither have speaker cutouts:
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51418165415/
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/51412488963/
    Last edited by deagle456; 03-13-2021, 06:59 PM. Reason: edit: need to move to e36 section

You have to do your own cutouts, they are faintly marked on the back but best to measure off your currents as well and duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by SamGrant951 View Post
      You have to do your own cutouts, they are faintly marked on the back but best to measure off your currents as well and duplicate.
      got it...That's interesting. I assume the rest is the same on the door cards however? no differences other than this so should install as normal I hope?

Comment

Yup exactly the same, I did this recently.

Comment

Yes I bought new Door Cards about 4-5 months ago from ECS and had my interior guy replicate the holes. We installed BavSound Speakers at the same time. They look so amazing and are worth the cost in my opinion.

Comment

Can confirm, the new door cards are the same just need the holes cut out. It's great to see they're still available.

Comment

Originally posted by deagle456 View Post
              Hey all. Couldn't find the old m3forum so glad I'm here.
              I was just on ECS and saw they had OEM door cards in stock. I have stock black e36 door cards but theyve seen better days.

I spent an hour or two on RealOEM trying to find the p/n for door cards with speaker holes, but couldn't find anything. Is there any one that knows the P/N for that?

ECS lists these two door panels as in stock, but neither have speaker cutouts:
              https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51418165415/
              https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/51412488963/
              anyone know the difference between the 2 door panels? They look the same from the pictures, and the descriptions are not much help aside from the $200 price difference.
              thank tou

john

Comment

The correct panel for the M3 963 which is N5SW black nappa.

Panel 415 is incorrect. It's basically a mix of imitation leather with Montana leather hence the price difference.

Comment

Would love to get my hands on some new/NOS sand beige ones

Comment

Originally posted by Jim E. View Post
                    The correct panel for the M3 963 which is N5SW black nappa.

Panel 415 is incorrect. It's basically a mix of imitation leather with Montana leather hence the price difference.
                    are the replacement front ones still succeptible to the failing foam on the armrest portion?

Also, are rear ones still in prodction?

Comment

According o Brett there was a more recent production (2016) run of these panels (grey and black) so they might not be that old. No way of knowing what the dates are until you get them. If they're too old just return them.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post

are the replacement front ones still succeptible to the failing foam on the armrest portion?

Also, are rear ones still in prodction?
                        It's foam. All foam is going to degrade with time / exposure.

The glue on replacement panels has been substantially beefed up. They should be more durable overall.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Trying to make sure I have the right part numbers for 97 M3 coupe, are the se the correct numbers?

Realoem and some others list them as both coupe and convertible, although ECS pictures show coupe version (without the vertical handle convertibles have)
                          Thank you.

John

Comment

Those appear to be the correct numbers assuming you don't have side air bags. 944 is the one without the extra vertical handle and 51412488984 is with the extra vertical handle.

RealOEM does not take into account whether a car is RHD or LHD so when they copied that database from BMW's disk or WebETK they did not add that field. BMW's ETK or WebETK does make that differentiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim E. View Post
                              Those appear to be the correct numbers assuming you don't have side air bags. 944 is the one without the extra vertical handle and 51412488984 is with the extra vertical handle.

RealOEM does not take into account whether a car is RHD or LHD so when they copied that database from BMW's disk or WebETK they did not add that field. BMW's ETK or WebETK does make that differentiation.
                              Yup, no side air bags. Thanks, Jim!

Comment

Working...
                              X