Lowering springs with square wheel setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering springs with square wheel setup

I just picked up a set of H&R Sport lowering springs for my M3 sedan, and was thinking this might be a good time to install with all the time on our hands. In the summer, I run a square setup using 4 rear (8.5") Contour wheels. Am I going to need a spacer in the front with these springs?
    | 1998 E36 M3 Sedan - Estoril Blue|
    | 2000 E39 M5 - Avus Blue |

Usually you only need spacers up front when you are going with coilovers, as they can rub on the wheel/tire. Springs shouldn't require spacers up front.
    Instagram

Comment

No, no spacers required with sport springs.

Comment

Thanks guys, planning on tackling this next week when new bump stops arrive. Will report back!

Comment

Might consider throwing on a set of 10mm front and rear for looks!

Comment

I'm running 8.5" LTWs all around with Bilstein Sport struts and Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my 1995 M3. I also have the 1996+ strut mounts reversed for extra negative camber in the front. No spacers, no fender rolling, no rubbing or anything like that, and the front tires clear the bottom of the strut spring perches by half an inch or so. Using 245/40/17 tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	793
            1995 M3
            https://www.mforum.net/forum/member-...-raj-s-1995-m3

Comment

Originally posted by raj View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	793
              Fitment looks great 👍🏼
              Instagram

Comment

Agreed, that looks fantastic.

Comment

Yup, looks real good.

Comment

Ok, after making things really long and difficult on what is supposed to be an easy job, I finally got my new H&R Sport springs installed. They turned out great and just like I expected. After a couple of days though, I hate how low the rear is in comparison to the front (I've noticed this previously from other people's examples). Thought I could live with it, but it's bothering me now. Is it a bad idea to re-install the stock rear springs and keep the H&R's in the front?

What are thoughts on running something like this Solo-Werks adjustable perch?
                    Last edited by BigErn79; 04-09-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Just as another data point on this topic, I have Bilstein struts, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and swapped strut mounts and had to run a spacer (went with 12.5mm H&R) in the front to get my square 8.5" Contour setup with 245/40 Potenza RE980s to fit. I did a ton of research on this topic before mounting tires on the new front wheels and found a lot of inconsistent info out there. I took a leap and tried to mount the wheels/tires and ended up having to put my original front wheels back on while I waited for the spacers to come in. There was no way they wouldn't hit the strut otherwise. All good since then.

Comment

Working...
                      X