HELP E36 Sunroof Shuttle Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP E36 Sunroof Shuttle Stuck

Long story short, I recovered the shuttle to match my headliner and now it’s stuck.

I paid close attention when removing and installing to ensure it was installed correctly. I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure this out without removing the entire sunroof assembly from the vehicle, but it’s almost to that point.

The actual sunroof still works but it stops when about 1/4 of the way when opening the roof now I assume due to whatever has happened with the shuttle.

Immediately after installing the recovered shuttle I noticed it wouldn’t return to the correct position when using the tilt function but when opening it fully and closing the sunroof it would return to the closed position.

I’ve been at this for a couple hours trying everything in the book to pull it out sometimes with some decent force and it’s not budging. Nothing appears to be broken.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but I'd say it was installed improperly. Trace back your steps. Hopefully somebody with more experience could chime in soon.

Comment

Working...
    X