Using Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Lowering Springs

Going to be installing the H&R OE Sport Spring Set which lowers car .75 front, .3 rear on 95M3. I have fairly new Bilstein Performance Plus shocks so assuming these will work fine. Questions:
    1. have read about the need for adjustable front sway bar links to restore proper position of sway bar
    2. saw Xcessive RTAB mounting cups that have some angle correction for lowered cars as well as more toe adjustment
    Are either of these items needs for this amount of lowering? Anything else that should be considered besides an alignment when finished? Thanks

1) Not required. I ran that setup for years with OEM sway bar end links. That said, adj links will allow you to get rid of any preload in the bar. You can always install with OEM links, see if you have any preload, see position of bar, and decide if you need adj end links.
    2) Definitely not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by aeronaut View Post
      1) Not required. I ran that setup for years with OEM sway bar end links. That said, adj links will allow you to get rid of any preload in the bar. You can always install with OEM links, see if you have any preload, see position of bar, and decide if you need adj end links.
      2) Definitely not needed.
      This. Don’t over think it. E36 M3 have a perfect setup for proper aftermarket suspension.

Comment

Working...
      X