No announcement yet.

FCP Now Selling Euro Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright guys... Can't find the H1's made by AL/MM/Bosch 63121387041 and 63121387042 anywhere... I pulled the trigger on Umnitza website despite what Brett said and still shit out of luck. I just need the passenger side but now I'm willing to purchase a pair if required to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post

You're unlikely to have any increase in night clarity over US plastic lights... especially with Depos which have pitiful beam distribution. The high beams are even worse.

US lights get a bad rap, and yeah they are cheeseball plastic lights... but they output the same light these Bosch parabolic H7 do. They are not bad lights.
      I also think US lights backlash is overblown. Never had issues with mine and I like the smoothness of the plastic lenses (when they don't yellow). Cosmetically, only other enthusiasts would be able to tell if I actually upgraded my lights.

That said, does anyone have any recommendations on the latest and greatest halogen bulbs that would give this old technology some better life.

Comment

You can use 9011 and 9012 in place of 9005 and 9006. You have to shave about 1/16 inch of plastic off the bulb for it to fit into bulb holder (tab on bulb is just a bit too wide), easy enough with x-acto or dremel. Done this to my Accord and M3 with significant improvement of light output. Low beams look like high beams and high beams really light the road. There is some light scatter you will notice it on street signs but oncoming drivers have never flipped the beams so isn't causing problems there. Link to site that talks about it with diagram: https://store.candlepower.com/mohirbuba.html

Comment

Originally posted by OmairK View Post
          Alright guys... Can't find the H1's made by AL/MM/Bosch 63121387041 and 63121387042 anywhere... I pulled the trigger on Umnitza website despite what Brett said and still shit out of luck. I just need the passenger side but now I'm willing to purchase a pair if required to do so.
          Were you referring to these? Did you end up getting these? I am not a fan of Umnitza (burned during e46 days) but is this the only guy that sells the ellipsoids?

ZKW OE Euro Ellipsoid Headlights For BMW E36 3-Series (umnitza.com)
          BOSCH Magneti Marelli OE Euro Ellipsoid Headlights For BMW E36 3-Series (umnitza.com)

Last edited by bmwstephen; 02-09-2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/catn-ol?q=63121387041

Comment

I was catching up with Daniel Stern on lighting recommendations for the e36. He confirm that the H7 variants of euro lights are better (functionally) than the Ellipsoids (though I am sticking with the latter for looks and the fact the inner lenses are pure glass)

He also mentioned that the inner lenses of the H7 Hella versions are glass and those are the ones he sell (around $800) whereas the bosch/zkw ones are plastic.

on a separate note, can anyone confirm how the city lights operate on a euro car? Ie do they come on with the car starting like DTR or only when parking lights are on?

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post

H1 are all glass. I was unaware that H7 are plastic. That explains the discoloration common to them. That's annoying!

Comment

The city lights stay on when the headlights are turned on in both positions

Comment

Is there a separate part number for a blank plug where the self leveling motor should be since we never got the dials in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                    I was catching up with Daniel Stern on lighting recommendations for the e36. He confirm that the H7 variants of euro lights are better (functionally) than the Ellipsoids (though I am sticking with the latter for looks and the fact the inner lenses are pure glass)

He also mentioned that the inner lenses of the H7 Hella versions are glass and those are the ones he sell (around $800) whereas the bosch/zkw ones are plastic.

on a separate note, can anyone confirm how the city lights operate on a euro car? Ie do they come on with the car starting like DTR or only when parking lights are on?

Bosch H7 inner lenses are plastic, ZKW are glass.
                    I’ve had the ZKW’s and have the Bosch’s so can tell from experience.
                    I’ve mentioned many times the H7’s
                    are better, stock for stock. Not illogical as they are later tech although many associate a projector as later tech, which usually is the case.
                    Many seem to prefer the projects from a visual standpoint. Maybe for the same reason.

City lights come on from setting 1 and stay on in
                    2. We have no DRL’s. Although some Scandinavic countries may do and are EU.

Those Hella’s are aftermarket and never OEM equipment. And ugly as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post

Bosch H7 inner lenses are plastic, ZKW are glass.
                      I’ve had the ZKW’s and have the Bosch’s so can tell from experience.
                      I’ve mentioned many times the H7’s
                      are better, stock for stock. Not illogical as they are later tech although many associate a projector as later tech, which usually is the case.
                      Many seem to prefer the projects from a visual standpoint. Maybe for the same reason.

City lights come on from setting 1 and stay on in
                      2. We have no DRL’s. Although some Scandinavic countries may do and are EU.

Those Hella’s are aftermarket and never OEM equipment. And ugly as hell.
                      were the zkw versions a differ part number then? Perhaps my next set would be the h7s

Comment

Working...
                      X