FCP Now Selling Euro Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCP Now Selling Euro Headlights

FCP has OE Euro headlights in stock now. They are Magnetti Marelli which are the same thing as Bosch/AL (it's a Bosch owned company). You'll probably see me reference them as Bosch as that is what they are and Genuine BMW.

Unfortunately these are the H7 version with parabolic lenses. The output is going to be excellent for a tungsten bulb based setup, but you can't retrofit any higher output projector based xenon or LED setups. Maybe we can pressure FCP into stocking the H1 projector version.

Bosch are simply the best Euro light you can buy. The quality is higher than other brands and the body of the light is smaller than all others (except US lights). Fitting cold air intakes and supercharger piping is much easier with Bosch.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...li-63128363494
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...li-63128363493

I'm trying to find the time to make more of my PnP harness adapters for US cars running Euro lights. They would go great with these lights.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Thanks for sharing this, and at $150 per side the price is not bad either.

Comment

I personally prefer the H7 units. My personal experience with H1 HID’s in H1 units was only so-so.
      Although this was 2008 and a simple HID bulb conversion, no custom fitted real projector.

Paradoxically , the older tech H1 units (projectors) look more modern than the later tech H7 units.

Comment

Yep, love my H1 Bosch OE Euro lamps... until I jump into my E87 130i with Xenons and go "oh, that's what headlights are meant to do". 😂

Don't drive the M3 much at night so ho hum.

Comment

Wish I saw this three weeks ago so wouldn't have had to order from Schmiedmann. They were great, but these held up my order by a couple weeks. I have Euro look Depos now and am excited to see how much of a difference the H7s will make for night driving.

Comment

Originally posted by cypher448 View Post
            Wish I saw this three weeks ago so wouldn't have had to order from Schmiedmann. They were great, but these held up my order by a couple weeks. I have Euro look Depos now and am excited to see how much of a difference the H7s will make for night driving.
            You're unlikely to have any increase in night clarity over US plastic lights... especially with Depos which have pitiful beam distribution. The high beams are even worse.

US lights get a bad rap, and yeah they are cheeseball plastic lights... but they output the same light these Bosch parabolic H7 do. They are not bad lights.

Comment

I take it the US doesn’t have any a annual check?

I would think of the plastic lenses are the DOT approved ones, you can’t switch to glass.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                I take it the US doesn’t have any a annual check?

I would think of the plastic lenses are the DOT approved ones, you can’t switch to glass.
                Annual check? lol. We have SMOG every 2 years on gasoline cars and every one year on diesel. Most states have no road worthiness checks. In California we only have them when a car is totaled and fixed for road use again.

Glass lens lights are the least of police issues. Plenty of morons with junk cars, stanced cars (junk too), blast pipes, blacked out lights, etc etc etc. Most of which is all ignored as it is. As nice as our freedoms are, we do need a little more regulation.

Comment

Was just wondering. Here is EU most countries, if not all have what is known in the UK as MOT.
                  APK here in NL. It’s a mandatory annual check,
                  which seems to be more stringent every year.

They check working of all lights, if the beams are correctly adjusted, tire thread wear, wiper/fluid.
                  Play on wheel bearings/bushings, brakes.

So a roadworthy check. If it fails the car isn’t allowed on the road and if you miss the check due date, you are fined.

Comment

Do these lights require wiring mods? I have original US plastic lights on my car, and while they are ok (I dont' really drive at night) and I'm keeping these for originality sake, I wouldn't mind temporarily switching to better lights if these are plug and play.

Comment

Bray’s wiring looms are adapter cables.

Comment

You guys are lucky, we have a roadworthiness test, much the same as described above (MOT/APK), every 6 months for older cars... 😕 Can't drive without a 100% pass but they don't check emissions, just for excessive smoke. 6 months is crazy really.

Comment

I'd much rather they did them here than not. Too many dangerous shitboxes on the roads in NA, with even more dangerous idiots behind the heel.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                            Bray’s wiring looms are adapter cables.
                            Umm, ok, no familiar with those, but I'll check. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Umm, ok, no familiar with those, but I'll check. Thanks.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	l_IMG_1309.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	3944

Comment

Working...
                              X