Hand Brake Light on dash staying on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Brake Light on dash staying on

Just recently, my hand brake light is staying on the dash while the hand brake is released. Anybody know how to troubleshoot and get rid of the light? Thanks.

The light is triggered by a small spring device near the rear of the emergency brake handle. Zoom in on lower left corner of the image below to see the metal clip with the lone GRN/BR wire running to it.

03 - Excess Wiring Removed by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

When the handle is down the spring is compressed and the circuit is not complete. When the handle is pulled up the spring is allowed to reach its natural state and the circuit is closed.

Your issue lies at the rear of the e-brake, so pull your center console and take a peek. Make sure when the handle is let down that the spring is compressed and the wiring is disconnected.

I'd lend a better photo but my interior is buttoned back up in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 View Post
      The light is triggered by a small spring device near the rear of the emergency brake handle. Zoom in on lower left corner of the image below to see the metal clip with the lone GRN/BR wire running to it.

03 - Excess Wiring Removed by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

When the handle is down the spring is compressed and the circuit is not complete. When the handle is pulled up the spring is allowed to reach its natural state and the circuit is closed.

Your issue lies at the rear of the e-brake, so pull your center console and take a peek. Make sure when the handle is let down that the spring is compressed and the wiring is disconnected.

I'd lend a better photo but my interior is buttoned back up in that area.
      Got it. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X