Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aeronaut
    replied
    If you're using lowering springs, and using OE length ARB links, that will rotate the ARB forward into the underpanel.
    You likely need shorter ARB links.

Leave a comment:

• MParallel
    replied
    Job jobbed!

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    Aces. 8mm clearance on the 40mm cut with swaybar set at hardest, full droop. You can see just how far out the original plates were, never going to fit.

๐Ÿ‘

Last edited by M3AN; 10-17-2020, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    Should be problem solved, I cut one back 30mm and the other 40mm so I can try various sway bar settings. They came up really well with a plasma cutter then a smooth along the edges, best of all it cost me nothing but time.

๐Ÿ‘

Last edited by M3AN; 10-16-2020, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    Originally posted by MParallel View Post
    The length of the droplink itself doesn't matter. It's where it connects to. Like lower control arm vs strut. (regular E36 vs M3). So you can alter the plate or fit different size droplinks.
    "The length of the droplink itself doesn't matter... so you can ... fit different size droplinks." You lost me with that sorry. ๐Ÿคจ

I'm using M3 B6 struts and standard M3 droplinks, the links are attached to the strut in the normal (M3) fashion. Shortening the droplinks will certainly help with the plate, that's a given, but I don't want to do that.

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
    This of course if there is not something else wrong as Braymond suggests.
    That's a good theory but without an actual hypothesis (i.e. what else could be wrong) then it doesn't help solve the problem. Nothing obvious is wrong and if it were something obscure I'm sure we would have discussed it by now or Turner would have suggested it.

Leave a comment:

• MParallel
    replied
    The length of the droplink itself doesn't matter. It's where it connects to. Like lower control arm vs strut. (regular E36 vs M3). So you can alter the plate or fit different size droplinks.

This of course if there is not something else wrong as Braymond suggests.

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    It's impossible really to tell if that's the same bar by those pics alone. The M3 Blsteins have a fixed upper mount for the droplinks, the variable end is the bar and I've measured with both holes. I would need ~40mm shorter droplinks for it all to fit. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Leave a comment:

• MParallel
    replied
    The pic of Braymond, is that the same bar? If so, mounted with on the same holes?

And droplink endpoints at same position? I say endpoints as equal length would not take into account different state of lowering and mounting point position of the droplink on the strut.

Differences there could be the difference between the swaybar clearing, or not clearing the plate at full droop.

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    Okay, so I've measured up the required cut and, as you can see, this is not a trivial or marginal fitment issue. To reiterate I'm running a very common combination of Bilstein B6 + Eibach Pro Plus springs and bars with OE length Meyle HD droplinks, arguably the most common aftermarket combination for these cars.

With the bar set to the softest setting (rearward holes) I need to shave 30mm off the tray, with the bar set to stiffest (forward holes) I'd need to shave a whopping 40mm off the tray.

A friend has a plasma cutter so I'm going to cut one of the two I have back by 30mm and recheck fitment, I'll probably do the other one at 40mm - either way I'll lose no utility.

I've not shared this with Turner yet but at the very least expect them to update their website to advise fitment considerations. To be honest I find the entire thing a bit strange because my Eibach bar has almost an identical profile as the stock bar. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
    As you can see, it fits perfect and there are zero issues with the sway bar at full droop.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the problem's not at my end and the plate measures up with the dimensions they've sent through. Their solution is shorter drop links but that's not ideal for any number of reasons. I'm using stock drop links on M3 B6 struts and an Eibach sway bay which is far from an uncommon combo it it's too long by ~40mm, that's not an installation or chassis issue.

For a confirmed fit we'd need to compare struts, drop links and sway bar, stock more than likely fits but there are likely to be many that don't given my experience.

I've not decided what to do you but I might just cut the plate down, either way Turner need to update their website and this discovery can only help them and other potential owners.

Leave a comment:

• Braymond141
    replied

As you can see, it fits perfect and there are zero issues with the sway bar at full droop.

Leave a comment:

• Braymond141
    replied
    Originally posted by M3AN View Post

They might not be normal but they're exposing a shortcoming or two of the design and Turner have accepted that.

Buy with caution until they update the design which they're implying they'll do once we've sorted it out.
    I really think your issue is isolated. I've already installed this panel on a client car and had zero issues. It fixed every problem the Motion panel had and forced me to give up
    the idea of coming out with my own.

Leave a comment:

• M3AN
    replied
    Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Get the Turner panel. The issues here are not normal.
    They might not be normal but they're exposing a shortcoming or two of the design and Turner have accepted that.

Buy with caution until they update the design which they're implying they'll do once we've sorted it out.

Leave a comment:

• Braymond141
    replied
    Originally posted by cypher448 View Post
    Glad I read this thread, I've been debating between this and the JT Design under panel
    Get the Turner panel. The issues here are not normal.

JTD is absolute trash. DO NOT buy it.

Leave a comment:

• cypher448
    replied
    Glad I read this thread, I've been debating between this and the JT Design under panel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X