Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vader Power to Manual Conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vader Power to Manual Conversion

    I have a pair of electric Vader seats off my old 98 M3, and now I'm looking to convert them to manual on my current E36. I've already disassembled my seats, and I know how they are put together. I found a pair of manual seats locally, and I'll be pulling the seat bases/frame to convert my seats. Looking at pictures online, I noticed the frames locally do not have the lever in the very front left next to the thigh support (see picture below).

    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5519/1...2f7863cd_c.jpg

    Is this lever crucial if I'm doing the electric to manual conversion? What does this lever do, and will I miss it if I don't have it?
    Last edited by Dr Ed; 09-08-2020, 11:06 AM.

  • #2
    If the manual seats you found lack that lever, then these are the basic seats. It’s the seat tilt lever, which the sport and vader seats have, but the basic manual seats lack.

    I doubt you want to omit that tilt function.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MParallel View Post
      If the manual seats you found lack that lever, then these are the basic seats. It’s the seat tilt lever, which the sport and vader seats have, but the basic manual seats lack.

      I doubt you want to omit that tilt function.
      Thanks for the clarification. I'll continue my hunt for manual sport seats.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dr Ed View Post

        Thanks for the clarification. I'll continue my hunt for manual sport seats.
        Where are you located? I have a set of manual black sport seat frames, just outside of Philadelphia.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm in Northern California, I doubt you want to ship and it would be pretty pricey.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dr Ed View Post
            I'm in Northern California, I doubt you want to ship and it would be pretty pricey.
            Go to pick n pull, that's where I found mine but they can be a hit or miss because eventually they will develop some sort of a wobble. It can be remedy by replacing some piece of rubber in one of the pivots.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just wondering, why you want to convert to manual if you have electric?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                Just wondering, why you want to convert to manual if you have electric?
                The car I’m restoring originally came with manual seats, I’m doing my best to restore it to the “options” it originally came with.

                Comment

                Working...
                X