No announcement yet.

Your reasons for choosing an E36 over the E46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came close to pulling the trigger on an E46 several years ago. Potential subframe and rod-bearing issues kept me from buying.

Comment

Modern classic, and it does everything right. E46 is a brilliant car but bang for the buck the E36 is perfect and to say money is no object is simply nonsense. I've almost pulled the trigger a few times for a trade in. I drove the snot out of the last E46 back in Nov, although faster - it just didn't provide the same overall sensation as the e36. I told the sales rep "I'm not convinced" that this was an upgrade for me. I think that the E36 is now entering in the classic handsome look and not just by fellow drivers such as ourselves but by a wide range of other car people. The E46 is a good looking car no mistake but the modern day (side hood vents, quad tip exhaust etc) has been overly-killed by other manufacturers. Where the E46 stood out during it's debut is now just typical looking. I prefer a subjectively smaller car, it's simple, it's got handles and make no mistake about it is quick.

Comment

Working...
      X