Vader seat cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vader seat cushions

So I bought some vader seat cushions thinking I could transfer them to my current seats. little did I know that there’s a difference in frames from pre 09/95 and post 09/95 (correct me if I’m wrong). Turns out the cushions I bought were from a pre car. Does anyone know if I’m still able to swap these cushions onto my post seat frames? Or is it a lost cause. thank you

The early style vaders are no bueno. Get the correct foams for your frames.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
      The early style vaders are no bueno. Get the correct foams for your frames.
      ok now I know 😑😑, what's so bad about the earlier style?

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post

ok now I know 😑😑, what's so bad about the earlier style?
        They are uglier and the lack of the metal frame support under the foams allows the foam to roll over and "cankle" quite easily.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

The early style frames suck hard.

just check the diagram on them in the etk.

No support at all.

ps, the changeover was 9/94.

vs.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
            The early style frames suck hard.

just check the diagram on them in the etk.

No support at all.

ps, the changeover was 9/94.

vs.

fair enough. Really wish I knew all this before I bought the cushions 😂

Comment

From the outside the way to check instantaneously of you're looking at later or newer type: the earlier type have the backrest leather going over the back cover, while the later seats have the rear cover going over the leather.

Other details: older frames have no symbols on the manual adjustment handles. Different style handle for backrest tilt. The trimpiece on top of the backrest where the headrest supports are inserted are a vent-grill rectangle on the older seats, two seperate round pieces on the later model.

Old vaders have flat headrests, the later type a round headrest (although these could be swapped).

Comment

Quickest way to tell other than headrest stitching is when looking at the front of the seats, if you can see the back cover they're 100% later seats. This is because as mentioned the back cover goes over the leather where on the early ones the leather seals over the cover.

The base of the seat is identical in construction, handles are slightly different with the printing but the mechanicals the same, it's just the back that is different.
                Last edited by MattDearPhoto; 11-23-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattDearPhoto View Post
                  .....This is because as mentioned the back cover goes over the leather where on the newer ones the leather seals over the cover....
                  You started out correctly, then switched the above around. The later seats has the back cover go over the later.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post

You started out correctly, then switched the above around. The later seats has the back cover go over the later.
                    Yep my bad!

Comment

I'd love to get my drivers side lower seat cushions replaced. Anyone have part numbers. Looked on ECS who used to carry them, but no longer do it seems.

Comment

Working...
                      X