Vader seat cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vader seat cushions

So I bought some vader seat cushions thinking I could transfer them to my current seats. little did I know that there’s a difference in frames from pre 09/95 and post 09/95 (correct me if I’m wrong). Turns out the cushions I bought were from a pre car. Does anyone know if I’m still able to swap these cushions onto my post seat frames? Or is it a lost cause. thank you

The early style vaders are no bueno. Get the correct foams for your frames.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
      The early style vaders are no bueno. Get the correct foams for your frames.
      ok now I know 😑😑, what's so bad about the earlier style?

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post

ok now I know 😑😑, what's so bad about the earlier style?
        They are uglier and the lack of the metal frame support under the foams allows the foam to roll over and "cankle" quite easily.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

The early style frames suck hard.

just check the diagram on them in the etk.

No support at all.

ps, the changeover was 9/94.

vs.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
            The early style frames suck hard.

just check the diagram on them in the etk.

No support at all.

ps, the changeover was 9/94.

vs.

fair enough. Really wish I knew all this before I bought the cushions 😂

Comment

From the outside the way to check instantaneously of you're looking at later or newer type: the earlier type have the backrest leather going over the back cover, while the later seats have the rear cover going over the leather.

Other details: older frames have no symbols on the manual adjustment handles. Different style handle for backrest tilt. The trimpiece on top of the backrest where the headrest supports are inserted are a vent-grill rectangle on the older seats, two seperate round pieces on the later model.

Old vaders have flat headrests, the later type a round headrest (although these could be swapped).

Comment

Working...
              X