Dyno results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno results

I've been wanting to get on a dyno and today our local BMW CCA had a dyno day at a local BMW specialty shop.

Below is the graph and a video of a run. I ended up leaving my car at the shop. They are going to do some fine ECU tuning as, one problem, the air/fuel mix was not right. Pick it up in a few days.

That is not me in the driver's seat

https://youtu.be/cINyRSWEXA4

Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Graph looks really good with healthy numbers.

What dyno was that? I’m looking at this on my phone so it’s hard to see everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim E. View Post
      Graph looks really good with healthy numbers.

What dyno was that? I’m looking at this on my phone so it’s hard to see everything.
      Which dyno system? Not sure. They refer to it as their "2000 HP eddy-current controlled All-Wheel-Drive dyno".
      The dyno shop is at Twenty Second Race Product Development (https://www.22rpd.com/ )

Hopefully the numbers look even better after they finish fine tuning the ECU. I'll post later after I pick up the car.

Thanks. Joe
      Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Woah. This is much higher than I would have expected. What are your engine specs?

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by JitteryJoe View Post

Which dyno system? Not sure. They refer to it as their "2000 HP eddy-current controlled All-Wheel-Drive dyno".
          The dyno shop is at Twenty Second Race Product Development (https://www.22rpd.com/ )

Hopefully the numbers look even better after they finish fine tuning the ECU. I'll post later after I pick up the car.

Thanks. Joe
          Oh, yikes. Please do not have Zack tune anything of yours, Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post

Oh, yikes. Please do not have Zack tune anything of yours, Joe.
            Brett, there is a story here?
            Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Originally posted by JitteryJoe View Post

Brett, there is a story here?
              Many. More than I included in my pm.

Comment

• TMANN
                TMANN commented
                Editing a comment
                Braymond - can you share more about your experience with 22RPD? Zack did a tune for my S50 (na) on the dyno back in Feb. I had a positive experience, so wondering if I have an issue waiting to happen?

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
              Woah. This is much higher than I would have expected. What are your engine specs?
              Maybe more detail than you want. I just copy and pasted from a doc I have.

• 11:1 pistons (up from 10.5:1)
              • Epic Motorsports Sport cams
              • Epic Motorsports race valve springs
              • Supertech stainless steel valves
              • ARP main, rod, head bolts & studs
              • All new timing & oil pump chains and chain guides
              • Rebuilt and hardened oil pump (by Achilles Motorsports)
              • Oil pan baffle
              • M50 large port intake manifold with S52 adapter
              • 24 lb. Bosch injectors
              • 3.5 inch (up from stock 3 inch) “Porsche” MAF (Bosch) with adapter wire harness (Turner)
              • 3.5 inch cold air intake
              • Enlarged throttle body (bored out stock unit, 63.8mm to 68mm, by Riot Racing)
              • Throttle body heater delete
              • ASC throttle restrictor plate removal
              • ASC delete
              • ECU tune by Epic Motorsports (Randy Mueller)
              • SuperSprint Euro large diameter, long tube stainless steel headers
              • SuperSprint Stainless steel midpipe with resonator (NO CAT)
              • SuperSprint Stainless steel race muffler
              • Secondary Air Pump (SAP) delete
              • Turner Motorsport power pulley set
              • Zionsville radiator
              • Stewart water pump
              • Radiator mechanical fan delete
              • Zionsville oil cooler
              • Euro oil filter housing with oil cooler ports

Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

• btheo
                btheo commented
                Editing a comment
                Lots of internal engine enhancements, any particular reason (rebuild,FI plans)? How many miles on the M? Regardless, looks great and nice solid numbers, I'm a little jealous.

Nice numbers!

Comment

Great numbers, that looks like a very strong S52. Thank you for sharing

Comment

So, what happened with this? Did you leave your car with Zack or did you take it back?

Comment

They were into it by the time I got back to them. The problem ended up being 2 injectors were leaking around the seal. Probably my bad as I installed and likely did not lube enough and tore the seals.
                    I'm having the car run again on the dyno with instructions to do a 5th gear run. I'm also going to find another dyno & do another run and compare the numbers. As a well known BMW mechanic told me when I went looking for another dyno: "yes, you have just discovered the wildly different numbers that come off of different dynos. Some of the variance is the operator and some of it is the dyno itself"
                    I have a name and number, I just have to see if they are available. Apparently they are very busy during race season.

Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Wow Joe, nice build! I was feeling good about my S50 numbers (250hp corrected) from 22RPD until I saw this. I was there on 8/1 with my white E92 in the afternoon, I must have missed you. What time did you run?

Comment

Originally posted by TMANN View Post
                        Wow Joe, nice build! I was feeling good about my S50 numbers (250hp corrected) from 22RPD until I saw this. I was there on 8/1 with my white E92 in the afternoon, I must have missed you. What time did you run?
                        Hi, I ran second, the Techno Violet Coupe.
                        Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Awesome numbers. .How is it on fuel? just curiosity, obviously that is not the concern for a build like this..

Comment

Working...
                          X