Dinan carbon fiber intake install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinan carbon fiber intake install questions

I got the new version of the Dinan carbon fiber ntake. I tried installing the intake thinking it was a straight forward install like other intakes I've installed before. Welp that wasn't the case the cone sits close to the fog lights and there is no room. I had no idea I needed to cut the horn bracket off and relocate the horn itself.

My questions are - Should I go an buy a Dremel and cut the dam brack off or what tools should I use?

Should I even bother using the heat shield I don't feel like drilling holes all over the engine bay.

What is the best place to relocate the horn?

Thanks!

Or just get an aFe CAI that fits without issues? No carbon coolness but no fuss either. At least I don't recall any issue when I installed mine.
    Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerboy93 View Post
      I got the new version of the Dinan carbon fiber ntake. I tried installing the intake thinking it was a straight forward install like other intakes I've installed before. Welp that wasn't the case the cone sits close to the fog lights and there is no room. I had no idea I needed to cut the horn bracket off and relocate the horn itself.

My questions are - Should I go an buy a Dremel and cut the dam brack off or what tools should I use?

Should I even bother using the heat shield I don't feel like drilling holes all over the engine bay.

What is the best place to relocate the horn?

Thanks!
      I remember having a problem with it. I would cut back a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X