• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttforcefed View Post
    Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cos270 View Post

Unreal.
      not really...the e36 m3 is 25 yrs old now...collector cars typically start climbing in value after 25 years. e36 m3 was a great car and still brings massive smiles to peoples faces so i can see them getting back to original msrp or higher for crappy ones. really nice ones will be 80 to 100k one day and nicely done restorations and restomods will be 10 to 20% lower than the originals.

Comment

not really...the e36 m3 is 25 yrs old now...collector cars typically start climbing in value after 25 years. e36 m3 was a great car and still brings massive smiles to peoples faces so i can see them getting back to original msrp or higher for crappy ones. really nice ones will be 80 to 100k one day and nicely done restorations and restomods will be 10 to 20% lower than the originals.
        I guess i'm just surprised at the final price compared to other E36 M3's that have sold on BaT recently. Ones that had similar mileage with no rust. Maybe someone just had to have the coveted estoril over dove (estoril is nice, but pretty far down the list for my paint preferences. Dove is...well just alright) I didn't think I'd be parting with my car anytime in the next year, what with the pandemic and everything (thought "classic" car prices would be in the gutter), but my car has no rust, slightly worse interior (dry seat leather) and paint, 4 doors and a 5 speed so i should be able to get around $18K right?? πŸ˜‚

Comment

i hear ya, fair points. i think the sedans will be worth more just due to lower production numbers but either way its nice to see the USA e36 m3 get some respect as it was always regarded as red headed stepchild. ive loved them since day 1!

Comment

Wow, $22k and they didn't even fix the headliner sag or properly detail the car.

Unreal.

Comment

That was a ripoff for a car that needs $15k minimum to undo all the rust.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

• Johal E32
                Johal E32 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. I can't believe it sold for $22k in such poor condition.

Just shows what detailing a car and good photography will do for an online sale. Would have loved to see the car in the before state. There is a reason some buyers will not touch cars in salt states. A quick online search: "Pennsylvania's Department of Transportation still relies on a steady diet of salt to de-ice state roads and highways".
              And I love the comments about what a great car it is.
              Joe's 1998 M3 Journal

Comment

• Bimmerboy93
                Bimmerboy93 commented
                Editing a comment
                PA does use salt but they don't use too much salt like NY and Chicago.

• ajcanadian
                ajcanadian commented
                Editing a comment
                After owning a car that saw multiple Ohio winters, I will never own a vehicle that has seen winters at a salt state. It's a PITA to work on (you gotta get a torch out to get bolts/nuts loose).

Thanks ttforcefed - it seems E36 M3 prices have really jumped on BaT? Is this a Covid thing or has the E36 M3 finally getting the recognition I always felt it deserved?

Although I live in the salt belt, mine has always been stored in a climate controlled garage for the Winter.
              Last edited by RAD; 08-18-2020, 04:53 AM.

Comment

i think its both, but these have been underappreciated for a long time. i bought a mint 93 cobra for $8k in 2009, today its worth around 60k. clean e36 m3s shld trade the same as a clean 93 cobra in my opinion

Comment

270k miles for $6,236
                  https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rbZ...7-bmw-m3-sedan

Comment

i thought this wld have done better:
                    ​​​​​​https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m3-164/

Comment

i thought this wld have done better:
                      ​​​​​​https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m3-164/
                      The car is in the UK..

Comment

As much as I love the US spec m3 and don’t buy into the β€œnot a real m3” bullshit, I certainly wouldn’t pick a wrong hand drive version in a country full of 11kΒ£ euro spec cars, or pay 4-5k to get it to a country where the steering wheel is on the correct side.

Comment

lets see how the blue supercharged 98 does...

Comment

149k Mile Alpine White did $15,051 + buyers fee on BaT. Needs some work too so looks like overall our cars are on the rise?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-bmw-m3-80/

Comment

Working...
                            X