PSA: List of NLA (Discontinued) Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: List of NLA (Discontinued) Parts

I have been monitoring some essential e36 parts in the last year and a half that has been supposedly on backorder for the longest time. I am convinced they are now NLA/discontinued completely and have decided to put together a thread for enthusiasts to keep an eye out on these parts as they are probably worth hoarding as you come across them:

Steering:
    • s50/s52 ZF Power Steering Pump-32412227197 (I have seen used ones pop up on ebay occasionally; another member here seem to have good experience with a rebuilt version “BBB” branded from rockauto)

Weather stripping:
    • Coupe Door Seal Left/Driver Side Schwarz-51712138957(the slate gray version p/n 51711977727 found in beige/grey interiors are still available for now; or you might get lucky at a junkyard)
    • Coupe Door Seal Right/Passenger Side Schwarz-51712138958 (the slate gray version p/n 51711977728 found in beige/grey interiors are still available for now; or you might get lucky at a junkyard)

Interior:
    • Fold down rear seat backrest top trim- 52208153256 (This is the plastic cover that slides ontop of the rear back rest. It is extremely brittle and can crack in pieces when removed. by now the rubberized coating has likely devulcanized. your best bet is to carefully remove it, wipe off the old stuff with some mineral spirits, and plasti-dip it. replacement pieces can also be sourced at junk yards.

I'll update the list as other members contribute. Please provide description-part number (and possible solution). If you happen to have any of these for sale, please let forum members know!
    Last edited by bmwstephen; 07-26-2020, 12:11 AM.

Ditto on the power steering pump. My original was toast and I couldn't even find a reman from a reputable vendor, so I had to hunt down a used one from eBay. I'm curious how long the list of NLA parts actually is. Sorry that I don't have much to contribute, I'm still new to E36s.

Comment

BMW will put parts back into production if there is a enough demand. The door seals I cannot see being NLA. They had production runs scheduled but it's too soon to write that off due to state of the world right now.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
        BMW will put parts back into production if there is a enough demand. The door seals I cannot see being NLA. They had production runs scheduled but it's too soon to write that off due to state of the world right now.
        I want to order all new schwarz rear quarter panels (interior) but the passenger side is NLA. The driver side however is still available and I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why. My guess is people have been ordering the drivers side and not the passenger? Seems odd either way.

Comment

I did order a remanufactured pump from rockauto. Kept the core though to try and rebuild it later. No issues, seems to work just fine. I ordered the BBB-vision OE because the 2nd picture of it, I could see the little BMW symbol and was hoping my replacement would have it too, but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
            I did order a remanufactured pump from rockauto. Kept the core though to try and rebuild it later. No issues, seems to work just fine. I ordered the BBB-vision OE because the 2nd picture of it, I could see the little BMW symbol and was hoping my replacement would have it too, but didn't.
            That's good to know. I ordered the AAE rebuilt power steering pump and it was a different part entirely. Was the BBB version the same besides the logo?

Comment

To add to the list:

52208153256 - rear seat cover trim

Comment

Originally posted by sirhodjibob View Post
                To add to the list:

52208153256 - rear seat cover trim
                thank you. updated. also provided a solution to what I did.

Comment

When I owned my '95 M3, the driver seat backrest tilt cable broke. I asked my local BMW parts buddy to see if any were available. He could not find any, and noted they were NLA. But, I asked him to put my request into the system "just in case". In six months I got a call that the cable had arrived. He explained that with enough demand production would start up on the part. Hopefully many of the currently NLAs will have enough requests that they will be produced again.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manycars View Post
                    When I owned my '95 M3, the driver seat backrest tilt cable broke. I asked my local BMW parts buddy to see if any were available. He could not find any, and noted they were NLA. But, I asked him to put my request into the system "just in case". In six months I got a call that the cable had arrived. He explained that with enough demand production would start up on the part. Hopefully many of the currently NLAs will have enough requests that they will be produced again.
                    The 95 vaders were a one year version because its design short comings were a lost; from early bolster wear, weak fiber glass backrest frame, and shaky pivots. They were superseded by a later model design that shared the same (and more robust) frame as the power seat. For that one your best bet is to either upgrade to 96+ set or find a another lower mileage 95 set.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post

The 95 vaders were a one year version because its design short comings were a lost; from early bolster wear, weak fiber glass backrest frame, and shaky pivots. They were superseded by a later model design that shared the same (and more robust) frame as the power seat. For that one your best bet is to either upgrade to 96+ set or find a another lower mileage 95 set.
                      The early style vaders changed in the 1995 production run. Any 95 built after 9/1994 had the better seat style. The frame was also metal on the early style, it was just extremely anemic. Additionally the power seat frame was not different for those early style seats.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by sirhodjibob View Post

That's good to know. I ordered the AAE rebuilt power steering pump and it was a different part entirely. Was the BBB version the same besides the logo?
                        Yes, exactly the same!

Comment

Working...
                        X