Trunk harness wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk harness wiring help

Recently I bought a trunk for a good deal that has a spoiler pre installed. For some reason the PO cut the harness near the connector and now I'm a bit confused. On the trunk side part of the harness there are 10 wires that are snipped but on the connector side I only see 7 wires. Does anyone know why there are extra wires cut or possibly the ones I'm missing?
    Untitled by Ed Endow, on Flickr

The connector that has two wires going to it from the trunk harness is the rear tail light connector. The two wires are for the spoiler brake light.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
      The connector that has two wires going to it from the trunk harness is the rear tail light connector. The two wires are for the spoiler brake light.
      thanks I think I got it figured out. Dumb mistake but I forgot that the harness kinda runs through the entire of the trunk area so when I install this trunk I'm gonna have to cut my original harness around the same area and resplice.

Comment

I would not touch your original body side. De-pin the spoiler light wires from the harness you received with the trunk and then use your harness.

You need to remove the connectors from the trunk lid to retain your original harness, drop the new lid on and reconnect everything. Use the new lid to figure the disconnection part out.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
          I would not touch your original body side. De-pin the spoiler light wires from the harness you received with the trunk and then use your harness.

You need to remove the connectors from the trunk lid to retain your original harness, drop the new lid on and reconnect everything. Use the new lid to figure the disconnection part out.
          ok that's a good idea, thank you Brett

Comment

Working...
          X