Brakes Coming on Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes Coming on Hard

Was getting gas the other day and noticed that the brakes came on in a jerky, abrupt way. Pedal feels ok if I brake normally/softly- but if I do the slightest bit of hard braking, it feels like the ABS kicks in prematurely. It's coming from the driver side, I can just feel the caliper grab hard and the steering wheel even jolts when it happens. My ABS light has been on since I bought the car, but never had this issue. Happens at any mph, any ideas? Its a 95 m3.

Gut feeling - warped rotors. ABS sensor is ~ $35.00 may also want to swap that out as that is an easy fix.

Comment

Pull all the sensors and clean them first before replacing.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by btheo View Post
        Gut feeling - warped rotors. ABS sensor is ~ $35.00 may also want to swap that out as that is an easy fix.
        Not sure about the rotors, because it only happens at the initial brake application, but not during the slowing down process. May look into the sensor replacement.

Originally posted by Braymond141 View Post
        Pull all the sensors and clean them first before replacing.
        I pulled the driver side abs sensor and cleaned it. Also unplugged the ABS cannon plug but it kept happening.

Comment

Just an update to this post. I replaced both front abs sensors with no luck. I took a co worker for a ride and he noted that a similar sound was made when going over speed bumps. Took another look at the driver well and found the issue. I recently installed tuner 80a lollipop bushings. They are 2 piece made of the bushing and an insert. I installed the insert backwards so that the shoulder was facing outward, which then wriggled itself free and fell out- so the control arm is banging around in the bushing pocket.

Comment

Working...
          X