Raceland headers worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raceland headers worth it?

I've been toying with the idea of putting raceland headers on my 99 M3. Aside from noises are there any more benifits from them?

Johal E32

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Originally posted by ajcanadian View Post
      I've been toying with the idea of putting raceland headers on my 99 M3. Aside from noises are there any more benefits from them?
      They seem like decent headers on paper, but I could not get mine to fit properly.. Maybe I had a bad batch, or they were damaged in shipping?

The headers themselves bolted up to the exhaust side of the head without too much trouble, but the downpipe portion of the header (bank 1 and bank 2) were coming into contact with each other. I didn't want to deal with that, so I ended up ditching those headers.

Another thing to keep in mind is they are based on the EURO M3 exhaust - so the flanges are different. It is a two bolt flange instead of the US model three bolt flange. Not a big deal, just have your local exhaust shop use two bolt flanges or V- Band's for your midpipe.

My advice: get some used euro headers, or pony up for some name-brand headers like Supersprint or Krommer Kraft (if you can find them).

I hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by Johal E32 View Post

They seem like decent headers on paper, but I could not get mine to fit properly.. Maybe I had a bad batch, or they were damaged in shipping?

The headers themselves bolted up to the exhaust side of the head without too much trouble, but the downpipe portion of the header (bank 1 and bank 2) were coming into contact with each other. I didn't want to deal with that, so I ended up ditching those headers.

Another thing to keep in mind is they are based on the EURO M3 exhaust - so the flanges are different. It is a two bolt flange instead of the US model three bolt flange. Not a big deal, just have your local exhaust shop use two bolt flanges or V- Band's for your midpipe.

My advice: get some used euro headers, or pony up for some name-brand headers like Supersprint or Krommer Kraft (if you can find them).

I hope this helps..
        Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Supersprints LHD headers don’t seem too badly priced to me, would be my suggestion. Or some Euro ones.

Comment

Anyone use the Turner shorty headers?

Comment

Originally posted by sirhodjibob View Post
              Anyone use the Turner shorty headers?
              Turner doesn't make them, BMP does.

Yes, I have installed several sets on supercharged setups. They don't really do much. You'll find that if you call up Turner, they'll tell you the same thing and actually talk you out of buying them.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

The SuperSprint Euro fitment is so-so. I installed the end-to-end SuperSprint Euro setup. The biggest problem I had is where the header mates to the midpipe. The flanges (welded in place) do not align well.
                You also need to do some minor grinding of the head where the header copper plugs get installed. Also, you'll need to source the copper bolts. You might find that the stock O2 sensor is not long enough to reach the connection at the valve cover/fuel rail as well. I ended up adding some length to both both O2 sensors for bank 1 & 2. Once installed they are very nice. Took me a while to get them installed properly.
                I have some pics here; https://www.mforum.net/forum/member-...-coupe-journal

Comment

Interesting, just installed a full Supersprint setup to my S50B32 and it went on like a glove! Even fits around the steering rack with no issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X