B5 S4 vs S2k APII vs My '99 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 S4 vs S2k APII vs My '99 M3

I seriously hate posting this but insight would be helpful as other online posts regarding this question have been beaten on and in most cases w/out concrete-like opinions. Last weekend my wife and I hosted a small bbq amongst friends as a sorta post 1st bday party for my 1 yr old son. Regardless, a really close friend of mine who recently purchased an all stock B5 S4 (2002) got a bit mouthy regarding how he'd beat me and another of our friends' S2K APII in the straights. Both guys including myself are somewhat car guys and by no stretch "great" drivers. The conversation escalated as continued beer consumption fueled the argument. All cars are completely stock and to my knowledge all cars are somewhat lower mileage & well taken care for (garage queens). Providing this is not a driver's match relying on the capability of our cars, how would results fair providing a 1/8 to a quarter mile stretch off a dig? I never raced my car but this might be worthy of entertaining.

The B5 S4 should win -- AWD plus bi-turbo V6.
    Instagram

Comment

Both the E36 M3 and S4 have similar stock 1/4 mile times (high 13 - low 14). B5 has more power and grip, but also more weight on average.

Honestly, all three cars are going to be dead even in a straight with drivers being equal.

1/8 is boring AF, so I'm not even going to look up those numbers. 2WD cars tend to overtake similar whp AWD cars at higher speeds. The dig advantage slips away as the speeds increase.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

It would also depend on where you're located -- what's the elevation? Here in Denver, the E36 and S2K wouldn't stand a chance against the S4.
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SpaghettiM3 View Post
          It would also depend on where you're located -- what's the elevation? Here in Denver, the E36 and S2K wouldn't stand a chance against the S4.
          Chicago suburbs, not much elevation

Comment

If you bought any of those cars to win in a drag race you're doing it seriously wrong. All 3 are very cool, but very slow by modern standards.

...My money is on the S4, assuming it doesn't break before it gets to the start line.

Comment

quit being a bunch of hosers and go find out!

Comment

No one will spank the other, thats for sure. If your buddy with the b5 wins, don't help him do his timing chain or swap the turbos when they break in the next three months. That will show him to talk shit.

Comment

That's going to be the S4. Maybe if your car had the Euro S50

Comment

My money goes on the *stock S4 having some sort of chip tune, not many left that haven't been tweaked in the past 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X