Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

window thinks the door is slightly ajar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window thinks the door is slightly ajar?

I've been having a problem recently where while I'm driving, the window keeps moving up and down that half an inch when the door closes. The problem is that this is occurring while the door is completely closed and I'm driving. I didn't really know how to search this on google so I thought you guys might know best. Any help is appreciated!

It’s the door striker microswitch. That’s body side part, not the door side.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...SABEgJIW_D_BwE

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

Unless it's a really old E36. The early models have the switch inside the doorlock, on the exposed part that 'connects' to the striker.

I see no built year of the OP so just mentioning it just in case.

Comment

It's a 95'. And thank you guys for the info!! I'll buy the part and see if it fixes the issue

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post
          It's a 95'. And thank you guys for the info!! I'll buy the part and see if it fixes the issue
          It's best to confirm using RealOEM.com and using the last 7 digits of your VIN to search for parts. That will yield the correct part number as Mpar mentioned... though the one I linked is applicable to 95.

MSportParts | Braymond141

Comment

• ejendow
            ejendow commented
            Editing a comment
            sounds good, thanks a lot

My car did the same thing. I even caught the dome lights going on and off in the middle of the night on the garage security camera.

Replaced the door latch/switch in the jamb and all was well. The switch itself had a chunk that had gone missing over time.
          1995 M3
          https://www.mforum.net/forum/member-...-raj-s-1995-m3

Comment

• ejendow
            ejendow commented
            Editing a comment
            Dome light turns on and off all the time when I'm driving haha. Good to hear that that fixed the problem.

funny how as the cars age they all seem to present the same issues around the same time. My 95 did this a bit ago too ha ha

Comment

Working...
          X