21 years of ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 years of ownership

This forum seemed a little quiet so I thought I’d post a quick shot of my E30 M3. I bought it for 15k when the 15k rule still applied. I probably drive it once or twice a year, which I suppose makes it a garage queen, but it’s definitely not a cream puff.

Hoping to get a few things done on it over the winter and will share progress here.
    2018 X1
    2014 335is
    1988 M3
    WTB: E36 M3/4/5

Nice. Let's get the forum moving in the e30 section. What's the story? How many miles? what you working on?

Comment

It's my third M3 and I originally bought it to be used as a track toy, back when E30 M3s were used as track toys. Over the years I have slowly returned it back to a road car. As it sits, it has Recaro SRDs in that fantastic confetti print, though I have some Uberkaro fabric I might redo them in, a bolt in cage, and a Turner Motorsport J-stock suspension. Otherwise, it is stock aside from a Supersprint sports exhaust.

I'm planning to replace the entire cooling and braking systems over the winter, as well as install a new clutch and associated cylinders. I have a carbon fibre replica airbox that I'd like to put on after installing new throttle body gaskets and whatnot...I haven't decided if I want to install a Miller MAF and WAR chip yet. If the economy picks up, I may purchase a KW V3 suspension and sell the J-stock set up, which I love, but is overkill for a road car.

Luckily the engine is healthy - 190psi +/- across all four cylinders so a teardown there isn't necessary yet.
      2018 X1
      2014 335is
      1988 M3

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I've owned mine for 4 years, and its being fully restored. What a pain in the you know what it is to find parts lol.

Comment

No kidding.
            I had a new rear panel on order for 7 years.

Comment

Not much to report. I have a garage full of parts and I am slowly making some progress.

Current project: dash replacement. I have the old one off and a mint NOS unit ready to go in. Can’t seem to post any photos so you’ll have to take my word for it!

2018 X1
              2014 335is
              1988 M3

Comment

Man if you ever need a hand I would love to wrench on an E30 M3!

Comment

Thanks dude! I’m sure help will be needed at some point!

in the meantime, happiness in an E30 is a crack free dash.
                  2018 X1
                  2014 335is
                  1988 M3

Comment

Rant: no matter how much I spend on this thing there is always something else that needs my money or attention. I’m seriously considering getting rid of it and getting something new and clean that doesn’t have a million NLA parts.
                    2018 X1
                    2014 335is
                    1988 M3

Comment

Don't do it. What does it need right now?

Comment

Working...
                      X