21 years of ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 years of ownership

This forum seemed a little quiet so I thought I’d post a quick shot of my E30 M3. I bought it for 15k when the 15k rule still applied. I probably drive it once or twice a year, which I suppose makes it a garage queen, but it’s definitely not a cream puff.

Hoping to get a few things done on it over the winter and will share progress here.
    1988 M3
    WTB: E36 M3/4/5

Nice. Let's get the forum moving in the e30 section. What's the story? How many miles? what you working on?

Comment

It's my third M3 and I originally bought it to be used as a track toy, back when E30 M3s were used as track toys. Over the years I have slowly returned it back to a road car. As it sits, it has Recaro SRDs in that fantastic confetti print, though I have some Uberkaro fabric I might redo them in, a bolt in cage, and a Turner Motorsport J-stock suspension. Otherwise, it is stock aside from a Supersprint sports exhaust.

I'm planning to replace the entire cooling and braking systems over the winter, as well as install a new clutch and associated cylinders. I have a carbon fibre replica airbox that I'd like to put on after installing new throttle body gaskets and whatnot...I haven't decided if I want to install a Miller MAF and WAR chip yet. If the economy picks up, I may purchase a KW V3 suspension and sell the J-stock set up, which I love, but is overkill for a road car.

Luckily the engine is healthy - 190psi +/- across all four cylinders so a teardown there isn't necessary yet.
      1988 M3

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I've owned mine for 4 years, and its being fully restored. What a pain in the you know what it is to find parts lol.

Comment

No kidding.
            I had a new rear panel on order for 7 years.

Comment

Not much to report. I have a garage full of parts and I am slowly making some progress.

Current project: dash replacement. I have the old one off and a mint NOS unit ready to go in. Can’t seem to post any photos so you’ll have to take my word for it!

1988 M3

Comment

Working...
              X